2016 Brides!

Hello Brides!

Norwegian Escape is now booking weddings! Royal Oceans events emailed me yesterday saying I can finally book my wedding for Escape April 16 2016. We booked our cruise back in January but up until now could not book the wedding due to the fact that the boat was new and the events department didn't have an information.

So lovely brides, if you put your name on the wait list for an Escape wedding you should be contacted soon to start the booking process.

:)

Anyone doing wedding programs?

I didn't even think about it because its a cruise wedding, but wouldn't be opposed to it.

Anyone have a template or sample they are willing to share?

-----

Update on my April 2016 wedding

Waiting on my Lettermate to start addressing my invitations, hope to have those sent out Mid October. (sent save the dates out in early summer) have 6 cabins booked to sail with us. some friends and mostly family. Ordered my dress and went to pick it up last week and it was a disaster, beading coming off, frayed etc, so ordered a new one and the latest it will be in, is Jan. Getting so excited!

Hello

I am looking for brides who have or are getting married on Royal Caribbean. We are Feb 13 2016. I am so exciting it has been my dream well Disney was my dream but that's just more money then I had planned and we are having a lot! of people so this was the other option.

I just have been getting no where really with them and I feel like I get different answers when I talk to some one. I just want to know things and see pictures and get things going as its coming very fast and my dress finally came in so now I am really excited :) My bridesmate and mate of honour are truly amazing! they made their flowers and have been wonderful with crafts and decorations (wanna post pictures but im new to all this so not sure how). We got magnets made for our guests to put on their doors so people know they are part of our party and something they can use after and we are doing mints in a tin with a cute cruise design and our names. :)

Thanks everyone

Hey hey hey! I have officially had it confirmed by Royal Caribbean, I am going to be a 2016 bride!! Oh my goodness i am so excited!

We are getting married on Royal Caribbean Harmony of the Seas in May...we have 24 guests booked on with us, its going to be amazing hopefully!

Hello

I am looking for brides who have or are getting married on Royal Caribbean. We are Feb 13 2016. I am so exciting it has been my dream well Disney was my dream but that's just more money then I had planned and we are having a lot! of people so this was the other option.

I just have been getting no where really with them and I feel like I get different answers when I talk to some one. I just want to know things and see pictures and get things going as its coming very fast and my dress finally came in so now I am really excited :) My bridesmate and mate of honour are truly amazing! they made their flowers and have been wonderful with crafts and decorations (wanna post pictures but im new to all this so not sure how). We got magnets made for our guests to put on their doors so people know they are part of our party and something they can use after and we are doing mints in a tin with a cute cruise design and our names. :)

Thanks everyone

Hiya, We are getting married but havent as yet had a chat with the planner as we have only just had our contract signed off! so dont have any details of where we will be getting married etc.

Where abouts are you getting married? Onboard or Offshore?

We are getting married onboard at sea on Day 3.

Edited by Asorrell

Hey ladies! I just got engaged Saturday! We are getting married on the Carnival Ecstasy on April 20th. I have really enjoyed reading your thread.

Lol. You work fast! I did the same, got engaged Saturday and the wedding was booked by Thursday. I'm getting married on the sunshine 6/18/16. Have fun planning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello everyone! I am so glad I found this community! We are getting married on the Norwegian Sun in Juneau on August 11th. We just booked today and I am so excited! I have been obsessively reading this board over the past few days and you already have me designing personalized water bottles for our guests and hunting down themed invitations. I can tell I will be spending a lot of time here over the next nine and a half months!

We are treating our parents to the cruise, and are still feeling out how many other family members might be coming along. My fiancé spent all morning working on a wedding webpage so that we have somewhere to direct our family members for more information, and I think we'll definitely go with the advice I have read here to set up a Facebook group as well.

My mother has lost her mind (I am 34 years old and I think she'd about given up on ever getting a wedding!) and invited all of my aunts and uncles and cousins. Her justification is that I am an only child while D has three siblings to invite. I just keep trying to firmly but gently rein her in before she invites the entire state of Montana. My fiancé is looking a bit green as he watches our "small, intimate wedding" snowball, but I still don't think it will be nearly as large an affair as he fears.

Anyway, that's enough rambling for my first post here! [emoji39]

Hiya, We are getting married but havent as yet had a chat with the planner as we have only just had our contract signed off! so dont have any details of where we will be getting married etc.

Where abouts are you getting married? Onboard or Offshore?

We are getting married onboard at sea on Day 3.

Hello! I am getting married on Royal Caribbean anthem of the seas April 30th. I had my initial contact with the wedding planner and since she has been very responsive with e mail and such. If you have specific questions id be more than happy to try and answer them for you!

Hello future cruise brides! DF and I will be tying the knot on the Carnival Breeze out of Galveston on embarkation day August 28, 2016. We chose the Time to Celebrate... BIG package. Our wedding website is complete and viewable if you'd like to check it out! http://www.weddingwire.com/michaelandmakeshia

Save the dates are going out this week. Invitations will be sent a few months later. We expect about 25 sailing guests and since we live in Texas we will likely have the full 50 non-sailing guests, although, we hope more will decide to sail! I plan to order wooden flowers for my bouquet and our four attendants bouquets/boutonnieres. I plan to bring ribbon, seashell decorations, and an anchored wedding topper for the cake. We have booked the DJ so our reception will be in the Liquid Nightclub. I'm thinking of adding some flowers to the aisle runner they provide. We're pretty much set on our OOT bags for cruisers being cinch backpacks with a custom tumbler, travel sized ibuprofen, dramamine, sunscreen, and hand sanitizer. Wedding favors will be custom candy bars and either a wine stopper or bottle opener. I think that's it so far! 308 days haha

Hello future cruise brides! DF and I will be tying the knot on the Carnival Breeze out of Galveston on embarkation day August 28, 2016. We chose the Time to Celebrate... BIG package. Our wedding website is complete and viewable if you'd like to check it out! http://www.weddingwire.com/michaelandmakeshia

Your website looks great! I have bookmarked it in case we need to borrow a few ideas for our website. We are hoping to have it finished this week so that we can mail save the date cards as soon as they arrive.

I especially like the way you have worded the welcome page - we have been struggling to politely communicate that we would love for all our friends and family to join us on the cruise, but we don't expect it and won't feel hurt if it ends up being just the two of us with our parents. I don't want to pressure anyone into a vacation they don't want or can't afford, but also don't want to sound like I am trying to talk people out of coming. I think you hit it spot on!

Hello future cruise brides! DF and I will be tying the knot on the Carnival Breeze out of Galveston on embarkation day August 28, 2016. We chose the Time to Celebrate... BIG package. Our wedding website is complete and viewable if you'd like to check it out! www.weddingwire.com/michaelandmakeshia

Save the dates are going out this week. Invitations will be sent a few months later. We expect about 25 sailing guests and since we live in Texas we will likely have the full 50 non-sailing guests, although, we hope more will decide to sail! I plan to order wooden flowers for my bouquet and our four attendants bouquets/boutonnieres. I plan to bring ribbon, seashell decorations, and an anchored wedding topper for the cake. We have booked the DJ so our reception will be in the Liquid Nightclub. I'm thinking of adding some flowers to the aisle runner they provide. We're pretty much set on our OOT bags for cruisers being cinch backpacks with a custom tumbler, travel sized ibuprofen, dramamine, sunscreen, and hand sanitizer. Wedding favors will be custom candy bars and either a wine stopper or bottle opener. I think that's it so far! 308 days haha

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! We are getting married aboard the Carnival Valor 10/13/16, the Celebrate Big package as well! Thank you for sharing your website! It looks awesome and will be a helpful tool in designing my own :) Have you written/designed your invitations yet? I'm having trouble figuring out what and how much information to include on the actual invitation. Will you just be including the basic wedding information on the invitation and then just directing guests to the website for all of the details?

Hi all,

I booked my cruise and sent save the dates to 45 family members and friends for a wedding aboard Norwegian Escape April 2016. Escape is a new ship so very little information is available and they are not accepting wedding bookings until the ship sails in October 2015. I would like to have a symbolic ceremony at sea with all my guests, hire a photographer for an hour and a dinner at one of the speciality restaurants to follow.

Anyone else booked for a wedding on a Norwegian ship?

Congrats to all the brides of 2016!

Hi! I was on the wrong thread...

Getting married November 23, 2015 on a Caribbean cruise- Equinox but I thought I'd also post this on the 2016 board. I'm having a hard time with The Wedding Experience. My fiancé and I were both in the Navy soinitially we were going to have an at sea (married by the Skipper) however thanks to Apostilles from Montana getting lost in the mail, we did not make the deadline for submitting all the license documents. Thank goodness we were able to swap our deposit to a shoreside wedding in St. Thomas. However, we were out $400 in fees from all the certified paperwork needed to get married under the Maltese flag. DO NOT GO THIS ROUTE! The fee is $750 when a license in Malta is roughly $120. Now that we've swapped over to a shoreside wedding and the wedding is under 2 weeks away, we still don't have a timeline. I get emails from the Wedding Experience telling me of additional fees "oh, I forgot to mention that the Minister requires a $75 waiting fee) but no time line. I told them exactly what I wanted- go to courthouse get license, go back to ship and get ready, then travel in separate vehicles (me and BM and my Fiancé and his BM) to the ceremony location so there's some element of surprise but my planner can't seem to make that work or give me a timeline. We also asked if we could go to a more private location (as offered in their wedding brochure) and we were told we'd have to call the locations directly and schedule the ceremony and pay their fees. Sure I understand there was going to be an additional fee but for us to call and coordinate directly - isn't that what we are paying the Wedding Exoerience to do? My "experience" with them has not been good. They overcharge for EVERYTHING! On a side note, if you compare the NauticAl nuptials to the Renewal of vows by the Captain, the renewal is much cheaper and you get more!!! One example - get a signed photo with the Captian in addition to the 1 hour photographer. You don't get this with the NauticAl nuptials. Is anyone else having the same issues? I'm not the first to complain about the WE and I really wish Celebrity would not use them anymore!

MaKeshia, this is so wonderful! We haven't booked yet but are planning on booking our wedding on the Breeze out of Galveston either July 31 or August 14. We will be so close to each other! Your website is awesome too, btw.

Is there a wedding website that's best for cruise weddings? Wedding Wire, The Knot, MyWedding.com? There's such a large amount of info and logistics to work out with a cruise wedding, especially between sailing and non-sailing guests, so I'm wondering if there's one site that's better for cruise weddings or if there's really not much difference.

Hi 2016 brides,

Just thought I would check in. We are about 4 months away from the wedding and all of a sudden, I feel like I have a ton of things to do. I thought i would share a lesson that I learned.

We put on our invitations that we wanted everyone to RSVP by the 3 months out point. This was probably not the best idea. With the holidays and busy work days ahead, I wish I had given us a little more wiggle room. I now vow to every future wedding host that if I am invited, I will respond quickly and not change my mind multiple times if I am attending!

Aside from that, we had a change in our wedding party and my friend just got promoted from guest to bridesmaid! No big deal but there was some disappointment and frustration. Oh well...life goes on!

We decided to go with a message in a bottle instead of a guest book and found the perfect bottle at Old Time Pottery. We have a small suitcase looking box for cards and all that will be left in the DIY department will be the flowers (silk), some signs and a welcome letter.

Speaking of the Welcome letter, I think I will also send out a FAQ hard copy. Boy am I getting a lot of questions that are all on my Web site. Of course, I can't do this until I figure out who is actually coming for the day, the cruise or not at all.

I just got my FH's ring and he wore it for a few hours yesterday. It was so cute how excited he got. Now if I could just get him to go get his and his son's suits, I will feel better. My dress has been here since June!

We are having a friend officiate and he hasn't become a notary yet. I have a bad feeling about this so I am keeping the TWE officiant as an option. I figure, we can always let them know they have a day off instead of scrambling at the last minute to find someone that can do the job.

That is about it for now! Happy planning, ladies!

:) Cheers!