2016 Brides!

I 100% agree. I love the decor and all the activities the RC ships have to offer, but I couldn't believe it was $4600 PLUS an $1800 "embarkation day fee" (what??) and THEN you have to pay for food and drinks on top of that!! One of the points of a cruise wedding for me was the low cost, and Royal Caribbean was turning out to be more expensive than a traditional wedding at home. I just couldn't justify it. I still wish I could've been on the Breeze, but at the end of the day I don't care. I just want to marry my fiancé!

I just found out from my travel agent that Carnival will perform a symbolic ceremony for you if you are already married but they perform the ceremony as if the couple is not married so the family doesn't have to know that the couple has already exchanged vows elsewhere. That might be an option for you if you really want the Breeze, but want to begin the rest of your life with your soulmate. I was thinking about this for my fiance and I because of taxes and medical insurance (so unromantic I know).

I just found out from my travel agent that Carnival will perform a symbolic ceremony for you if you are already married but they perform the ceremony as if the couple is not married so the family doesn't have to know that the couple has already exchanged vows elsewhere. That might be an option for you if you really want the Breeze, but want to begin the rest of your life with your soulmate. I was thinking about this for my fiance and I because of taxes and medical insurance (so unromantic I know).

This is what I'm doing. We are going to the justice of the peace without telling anyone and we won't exchange rings until the carnival wedding. They actually only perform symbolic ceremonies, you have to have a marriage license into them prior to the cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

your invite is beautiful! I went with a nautical theme for our save the dates and i'm thinking about going with the simple coral for the invites. I want to stick to the whole nautical theme so our colors are navy, silver, and white. I ended up making my own wedding website on WIX for free.

Thank you! I wanted something that was beachy/nautical but laid back also. I finished our website before I sent the invites out because guests have to RSVP on the website. I got ALL of my inspiration from previous cruise bride's wedding websites. It was so helpful to see what others have done seeing as our weddings are not traditional. I'm still working on some things (like accommodations and our registry but here it is if anyone needs ideas!

http://www.weddingwire.com/eandbonthec

Just booked our wedding for October 9th 2016 on the imagination. Pretty excited about it now and just booked the owners suite. We got the time to celebrate big and booked then DJ already.

Is there anything else we should take care of right away?

Thank you! I wanted something that was beachy/nautical but laid back also. I finished our website before I sent the invites out because guests have to RSVP on the website. I got ALL of my inspiration from previous cruise bride's wedding websites. It was so helpful to see what others have done seeing as our weddings are not traditional. I'm still working on some things (like accommodations and our registry but here it is if anyone needs ideas!

Loved your site! I'm a Potterhead too!!! I liked the wording used, I'm sure I will reference your page.

You are using Patricia! Isn't she great? I hope we can get more Carnival Brides to hook her up with some commissions!! :)

With the upcoming year, its possible that rates will change (esp. for photography). So, I would recommend downloading the latest price sheets from the Carnival weddings department and other lines. Your rates should be whatever they are when you book. Best wishes!

Hey girls!! We have our wedding date set for October 8th, 2016. I am seriously considering a cruise instead!! Can someone please give me pricing info? Deposits? Etc. thank you in advance!! -leslie

Loved your site! I'm a Potterhead too!!! I liked the wording used, I'm sure I will reference your page.

Thank you!!! and go Harry Potter ;) And please do! I referenced 5 or 6 different cruise wedding websites to figure out how to word ours!

You are using Patricia! Isn't she great? I hope we can get more Carnival Brides to hook her up with some commissions!! :)

Yes!!! She is wonderful! Thank you so much for giving me her info. She is so easy to work with and she sent all of our guests that have booked Christmas cards. We've had several people book via the Carnival website or their own travel agent but I just call her and add them to our wedding party.

So here I am at just under 3 months until the wedding. I am currently following up on those that did not RSVP (seriously...how hard is it?!?!). Then I will get the guest list organized - note to other brides that minors need their birth certificate if they aren't sailing. I am still looking for shoes that I like, dance lessons begin in two weeks then working on the party favors and flowers. FH and his little boy still need something to wear but we are all working hard on looking our best so we are waiting until February for that and my dress alterations.

We have a site visit scheduled for 3 weeks prior to the wedding. Perhaps we will have our venue details by then and really get a good idea of what they day will be like. Fortunately, I have sailed on the Victory before so I am hopeful for certain areas - we know we have the nightclub/DJ as well as the videographer. I learned there is another wedding on our day so the choice of the ceremony venue isn't mine to make.

Happy new year 2016 brides! This is our year!!

I know this has been asked 100 times before, but how did y'all send out invitations? On my list I have about 80 non-sailing guests although the limit is 75. I know not all will be able to come though. But this is also excluding sailing guests, and not all of those have officially booked yet, which means they could still back out and become non-sailing guests, adding to my other (already too big) list.

My best idea is to send out one round of invitations and to make them respond by a certain date and then send out a second round of invitations based on how many open spots I still have for 75 non-sailing.

Have other brides done this before? What had worked for y'all?

We essentially had an A list and a B list. The A list went to family and close friends and gave the option to sail or come for the day. The B list went to those out of town and friends of parents. They had the option to sail or not. Throughout the year, we have people move from sailing to day guests and vice versa. I am still trying to get people to commit to their booking and we are 80 days out.

We sent out one invitation for everyone with the MUST return deadline date on the RSVP regardless if they were just attending or both. Also your non sailing and sailing guest all count the same toward the one guest list, along with you and the groom. When you send in your final guest list there is a place on it where you mark if they are sailing or nonsailing but everyone is counted the same toward the number of guest you have. I at first thought the sailing guest was counted differently but they are not. Not sure if this helps.

Hello! I am getting married on Royal Caribbean anthem of the seas April 30th. I had my initial contact with the wedding planner and since she has been very responsive with e mail and such. If you have specific questions id be more than happy to try and answer them for you!

Hi Futuremrslonnay, would you let me know how it is going with you booking your wedding on anthem? Anthem is my only other option besides Celebrity Summit since I want to get married out of NJ but because Anthem is so new there is virtually nothing I can find about a wedding on there. Do you know where you are getting married? How many people are joining you?

I was always told there was a limit of 50 non-sailing guests. I have read that exceptions were made.

Oh man... I called them to check and you are right! It's 50! I'm not sure where I got this idea that it was 75... This changes things a bit lol

Hello everyone! I'm new here and this is my first time posting so bear with me if I repeat anything (this is a LONG thread)!!

Future hubby and I were convinced we wanted to go the Carnival route...we were thinking shipboard in Miami in mid April. Called today and found out Miami is all booked but we can do shipboard at one of the other ports. It's just the 2 of us, no guests, so it didn't really matter where since the price didn't change much.

However, for funsies we looked at Royal Caribbean tonight and found pretty decent pricing on a longer cruise on the Oasis of the Seas. I've only ever been on 1 RC cruise with the rest being on Carnival.

What can anyone tell me about Oasis? Those of you doing wedding packages with RC, do they get you with a bunch of hidden fees (I thought I saw that in an earlier post)? How does the ship compare to Carnival's Breeze?? TIA

• 2 weeks later...

So...whenever I contact Carnival Weddings, I do so via email - basically so I can have it in writing. So here I am waiting (probably a few more days) to get my question answered and I am wondering if a fellow bride had this come up.

We are doing the Time to Celebrate Big package and it is $30 per person over our initial 20 guests. I know that under 7 guests are free (we have 1 little one) but what about children? I feel like I have seen a reduced price somewhere but maybe it was for something else.