2016 Brides!

How exciting for one week left! I'm less that 2 months out and on Victory so I'm super excited to hear how awesome it all goes!!!

I have a question about the wedding day! What do you bring your dress in? I know we have to see everyone but I'm thinking of wearing a big pair of sunglasses to "hide" my eyes at least till the wedding lol. Anyone else doing anything to try to half way keep the tradition of not seeing the bride before the wedding?

Also, While waiting to get on the ship do they provide drinks or coffee? If not I might assign someone to bring that while we wait. If that's even an option. My guest already seem bummed they have to arrive early just to wait so I'm trying to think of ways to keep everyone happy.

Any tips or ideas would be great! ;-)

I just told everyone it was like a reverse reception and people can mongle and have lunch at the lido deck with other guests before the wedding so its still like having a 4 hour reception but they wont get to see the wedding party until after the ceremony. If you think about it tjat way it makes everyone feel better about the hour and a half reception because now its longer. Most of our guests already know each other so that helps too.

Hope this helps

How exciting for one week left! I'm less that 2 months out and on Victory so I'm super excited to hear how awesome it all goes!!!

I have a question about the wedding day! What do you bring your dress in? I know we have to see everyone but I'm thinking of wearing a big pair of sunglasses to "hide" my eyes at least till the wedding lol. Anyone else doing anything to try to half way keep the tradition of not seeing the bride before the wedding?

Also, While waiting to get on the ship do they provide drinks or coffee? If not I might assign someone to bring that while we wait. If that's even an option. My guest already seem bummed they have to arrive early just to wait so I'm trying to think of ways to keep everyone happy.

Any tips or ideas would be great! ;-)

I can help you a bit already. We did a ship tour about 2 weeks ago and I was happy to learn a few things. Also, I became fast friends with the bride and her family and we have been chatting on Facebook ever since. :) First of all, I plan on bringing my dress in the garment bag it came with. In Port Canaveral, they had a porter that had a luggage rack. I met a bride that morning and she had that cart loaded up with her dress and carry on items. Also, there is a VIP room! She was waiting in there with her bridesmaid (they only let 2 in there from the wedding). The groom sat in the regular waiting area for wedding guests.

I have to tell you, the time went really fast. The bride arrived around 10 and the rest of the guests trickled in up until 11. Guests spent the time greeting each other and catching up. Also, the coordinators circulated and shared deck plans and reminded them of the location and time of the ceremony.

There was a water cooler but nobody really went over to it. We were all brought to a "pre-boarding" area around 11:15 (everyone except the bride) and then waited for the final ok. This seemed weird but when I asked the coordinator about it, she shared that it was to separate the wedding party from the arriving FTTF and Platinum guests so that the wedding party boarded first. One coordinator went with the groom to a room and the other held back a few minutes and took the bride to her cabin on a separate route.

From 11:30ish until 12:30, the guests all wandered the ship, had a drink or two (non-sailing guests can use a credit card for purchases) and then made their way to the ceremony venue around 12:30 for a 1pm start time.

It was smooth, laid back and went quickly without being rushed. I really would concern myself with the drinks. I believe it would be more trouble than it is worth. I am sure your guests will get over it and not be bummed. they wouldn't allow the coffee or water through security anyways.

Thanks as always Miss Kellybean!! We are doing our ship tour this coming Saturday and I am SOOO excited! Still 4 months until the wedding though. I am so excited for you!!! I can't believe how time has flown! And I certainly can't wait for your full report :D

Our wedding on Liberty in Galveston is 33 days away. I would love to do a ship tour but the only place I've heard about it is on here. Do we contact Carnival to set that up? Any advise? We still don't know which room our ceremony is in or which dining room our lunch will be so I'm kinda stuck on decorations, table/seating assignments until those are determined. I've learned so much on here and gotten so many amazing ideas to incorporate into our wedding. I don't know what I would've done if it were not for this particular thread. Thank you Kellybean for setting this up for us. And thank ALL of you for your ideas and asking the questions I didn't even know I had until I saw you ask!

We are changing from the Let Us Serve You luncheon to Time to Celebrate Big. The main reason for the change is the cost involved in being able to have the space look the way that I would like it to. The vendor is now only offering one type of small rose centerpiece at $100 each. They have also increased the price of floral upgrades. I received that new list yesterday. Adding up the costs of guests between the two packages saves us $450 between them. I won't have to put out extras for menu cards and the like for the tables and the other item's I was planning on bringing to dress the tables.

I love to host dinner parties at home, so I already knew I would want a specific look. I don't want to worry about lugging a bunch of items on board, which is why I wanted to use the vendor. So now we will just switch gears and plan a less formal event. I'm fine with that. This is my second marriage and I want this wedding to be stress free!

Hey Creole! We have Let Us Serve You booked right now for April 23rd (33 days away). I was wondering about table decorations and such myself but don't know who to ask. We don't even know what dining room we are in. What "vendor" are you talking about in your post? Do we have to print our own menu cards? It's ok if we do, I want them a certain way with our logo on them anyway. Any advise or direction you can give would be greatly appreciated! Did you get married yet?

Our wedding on Liberty in Galveston is 33 days away. I would love to do a ship tour but the only place I've heard about it is on here. Do we contact Carnival to set that up? Any advise? We still don't know which room our ceremony is in or which dining room our lunch will be so I'm kinda stuck on decorations, table/seating assignments until those are determined. I've learned so much on here and gotten so many amazing ideas to incorporate into our wedding. I don't know what I would've done if it were not for this particular thread. Thank you Kellybean for setting this up for us. And thank ALL of you for your ideas and asking the questions I didn't even know I had until I saw you ask!

No way!!! I will actually be ON that cruise!!!!!! Maybe I'll peek in at your wedding ;) Just kidding haha. And YES call Carnival! They told me they need 3 weeks in advance to set up and confirm your ship tour, but maybe since you barely have 3 weeks until the wedding they can set that up with less time. I'm sure they would if you explain it. All they need is your names and drivers license #s, and up to 4 people can go.

Also I requested particular venues and they've already confirmed mine for me (I'm still 4 months out), but mine is also the only wedding that day and that can affect those decisions by Carnival as well.

We are 59 days from the big day!! We can't wait to say "I Do!" aboard the Carnival Freedom on April 30th. I'm totally excited and can't wait for a vacation!

We are finalizing the details for our welcome dinner party which we have decided to hold at the Marriott that we are staying in for convenience. We are having a buffet style dinner, drinks and a live musician in order to achieve that laid-back mingle and have a good time feeling. We only have 16 sailing out of our 50 guests so we wanted to make sure we had the opportunity to spend time with all of them.

I still have quite a few things to do (and making this list is setting off a little stress!):

• Find wedding make-up. Going to try MAC - any other suggestions?
  • Complete personalized Tumblers for OOT bags
  • Complete centerpieces for the welcome dinner
  • Create slideshow for welcome dinner
  • Come up with flower girl dresses - 7 & 8 years old and the oldest hates dresses!!
  • Attend my last dress fitting
  • Break in my wedding shoes
  • Find a veil - thinking birdcage - where can I get one cheap?
  • Get a tan - anyone experienced with spray tan? Will it rub off on my dress?
  • Order wedding bands - I can't believe this isn't done yet!

I thought I was ahead of the game when I started this journey 12 months ago. But now being just 2 month out I feel like I have procrastinated on a few too many things! I guess the time just crept up on me :D

Oh my gosh you are too funny! I too am getting married on the Freedom, but on July 23! Looks like we even used the same website template on theknot.com -hahaha! And I'll even be in Galveston on April 30 because we are cruising on the Liberty April 23-30, so we'll be disembarking one ship as you're getting married on the other! So ironic. I need to get bands too... I keep trying to urge my fiance that we should look into them but he of course keeps putting it off like we have 5 more years or something.

Congrats on your big day!!!! It will be here in no time!!! As a fellow Freedom bride, I hope you post a review of the wedding! Our ceremony will be in the Victoriana theater and our reception is in the Havana lounge. We'll have ~75 people total. But I'd love to hear how your wedding goes! :)

No way!!! I will actually be ON that cruise!!!!!! Maybe I'll peek in at your wedding ;) Just kidding haha. And YES call Carnival! They told me they need 3 weeks in advance to set up and confirm your ship tour, but maybe since you barely have 3 weeks until the wedding they can set that up with less time. I'm sure they would if you explain it. All they need is your names and drivers license #s, and up to 4 people can go.

Also I requested particular venues and they've already confirmed mine for me (I'm still 4 months out), but mine is also the only wedding that day and that can affect those decisions by Carnival as well.

Heather... Thank you so much for your input! I sent an email to our wedding coordinator about touring the ship. We have a little over 4 weeks before sailing so it should still be enough time. I can post where the wedding will be on here when I get the details and you are more than welcome to stop by. I bet they will even let you peek in the ceremony. We don't mind! :) We will be too busy to notice I am sure! LOL!

Heather... Thank you so much for your input! I sent an email to our wedding coordinator about touring the ship. We have a little over 4 weeks before sailing so it should still be enough time. I can post where the wedding will be on here when I get the details and you are more than welcome to stop by. I bet they will even let you peek in the ceremony. We don't mind! :) We will be too busy to notice I am sure! LOL!

Oh good! I really hope they are able to squeeze you in! And ok... I might just take you up on that hahaha :) Congrats again! This month will fly by!

One week to go, one week to go, ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

If I am not mistaken it's your wedding weekend!! I wish you the best of luck and I hope everything turns out wonderful for you :) Can't wait to hear about your adventures when you get back:D

We booked our tour of the ship for April 14th... 9 days before the wedding. We should know where the ceremony is and lunch reception by then. I'm taking my Mom & Sister as they are helping with decorations. We will know what we need to bring so I don't end up bringing too much... Or God forbid not enough. :). We will also go next door to Fishermans Wharf where we are having a dinner the night before sailing/the wedding. Seems everything is coming together. It's been a lot of work but I know it'll pay off in the end. Couldn't have done it without everyone's input on here. I wish all of you brides the very best and hope your weddings are phenomenal... And your cruise... And your marriage. :)

Hi! ::waves::

We are sailing on RCCL's Oasis of the Seas on 8/20. We are getting married 8/23 in port at St. Thomas, not through RCCL. We are using Island Bliss Weddings.

Twelve of us are sailing (me, FI, our 4 yrs old son, my parents, my brother/SIL, my aunt/uncle and their 3 kids). FI's dad and step-mom may fly straight to St. Thomas.

I'm so excited!

One week to go, one week to go, ONE WEEK TO GO!!!

I wanted to check in, how was the wedding! Based upon how communicative you have been I am sure you are ready to provide a review. I can't wait to read it. I hope you had an amazing experience!

I wanted to check in, how was the wedding! Based upon how communicative you have been I am sure you are ready to provide a review. I can't wait to read it. I hope you had an amazing experience!

Unfortunately, I came back pretty darn sick - TAKES CARE OF YOURSELVES LADIES! But I promise a review is on the way. It was a wonderful day with wonderful people and the pictures are fab. There were some hiccups (only I really noticed) and like others have said, it goes really fast!

Full review is on the way!

Hey all 2016 brides. I wanted to see if anyone got married/is getting married on Carnival and was able to sign something to dismiss the photographers from the wedding ceremony. I have heard of people doing this but when I asked the wedding coordinator she kind of beat around the bush about it. Just wanted to see if anyone had any luck with this for their wedding.

Dumb question: When do you take wedding pictures?? I'm getting married while the ship is in port while in Galveston. I can't imagine when there would be any time before the ceremony or reception, but I'm also hoping they won't be after the reception because I will probably have sweated my makeup off, my hair will probably fall out, and let's be honest I'll be tipsy.

Dumb question: When do you take wedding pictures?? I'm getting married while the ship is in port while in Galveston. I can't imagine when there would be any time before the ceremony or reception, but I'm also hoping they won't be after the reception because I will probably have sweated my makeup off, my hair will probably fall out, and let's be honest I'll be tipsy.

This is actually a great question, I've wondered myself!

The pictures with Guests will be between the wedding a reception as well as during the reception. The primary pictures of you as a couple will be done after the muster drill. I used an awesome makeup setting spray from Ulta as a base for my makeup and then as a final layer. My makeup only required minor touch ups for photos.

The pictures with Guests will be between the wedding a reception as well as during the reception. The primary pictures of you as a couple will be done after the muster drill. I used an awesome makeup setting spray from Ulta as a base for my makeup and then as a final layer. My makeup only required minor touch ups for photos.

I'm so glad you posted this! We were planning to change clothes right after the lunch reception and BEFORE muster. Guess we won't do that now. THANKS!

Unfortunately, I came back pretty darn sick - TAKES CARE OF YOURSELVES LADIES! But I promise a review is on the way. It was a wonderful day with wonderful people and the pictures are fab. There were some hiccups (only I really noticed) and like others have said, it goes really fast!

Full review is on the way!

So sorry to hear you got sick! Some of us are worried about the Zika virus -- but its not stopping or slowing us down any. :) Can't wait to see your review. I have learned SO MUCH from this thread and it is going to make our special day so much better than it would have been had you not started it... And shared all of the things you did for your wedding. Thank you so much!!! Hope you are feeling better! Looking forward to your review and pics!!

Edited by AprilBride2016

I'm so glad you posted this! We were planning to change clothes right after the lunch reception and BEFORE muster. Guess we won't do that now. THANKS!

Fortunately because I was in my gown they let us sit out the walk to the life boats with the other passengers, but we certainly were the center of attention at the muster drill lol