Switching cabins for cheers

kbh2

We are on the dream and have 5 cabins booked. My DH and myself are in one cabin and both purchasing cheers. We have one adult son and one minor son in a cabin the adult son does not want cheers. My daughter and boyfriend are in a cabin. My daughter wants cheers but her boyfriend does not, if we switch and list daughter in with minor brother I know she can purchase cheers on her own. My question is can we switch her back in with boyfriend or should we just get extra keys and keep listings as is? How will sail and sign work with daughter and boyfriend on same credit card but different cabins listed? I hope this isn't too confusing.

leave it as is until you board the ship and purchase cheers. then go change cabins at guest services. do NOT do it at check-in, wait until you get on the ship.

different credit cards in different cabins doesn't matter - but they won't have a problem switching you on the ship at any point. you can get extra keys, but might as well make the formal switch after purchasing cheers to keep the s&s cards streamlined (who wants to carry around 2!)

leave it as is until you board the ship and purchase cheers. then go change cabins at guest services. do NOT do it at check-in, wait until you get on the ship.

different credit cards in different cabins doesn't matter - but they won't have a problem switching you on the ship at any point. you can get extra keys, but might as well make the formal switch after purchasing cheers to keep the s&s cards streamlined (who wants to carry around 2!)

So do not move my daughter to minor sons cabin until we board and then purchase cheers and then move her back?

My daughter wants cheers but her boyfriend does not, if we switch and list daughter in with minor brother I know she can purchase cheers on her own. My question is can we switch her back in with boyfriend or should we just get extra keys and keep listings as is?

So do not move my daughter to minor sons cabin until we board and then purchase cheers and then move her back?

do move daughter to minor sons cabin as far as the booking is concerned - that's what i thought you said - then board, purchase cheers, and then move her to boyfriends cabin.

basically, book it / move rooms within an active booking if you have one before boarding as you want to make the cheers purchase within the regulations (which you're obviously aware of). purchase cheers as it's lined up, and then after purchase, switch rooms / keys etc for where people actually want to sleep :)

do move daughter to minor sons cabin as far as the booking is concerned - that's what i thought you said - then board, purchase cheers, and then move her to boyfriends cabin.

basically, book it / move rooms within an active booking if you have one before boarding as you want to make the cheers purchase within the regulations (which you're obviously aware of). purchase cheers as it's lined up, and then after purchase, switch rooms / keys etc for where people actually want to sleep :)

Got it, we are cruising in March and have already made final payment there should not be a charge should there?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Seems like this would be an easy catch for them and would require the other person to purchase cheers also if they switch

This is exactly why I don't understand making every adult in the same room purchase it. If you allow musical 'chairs' of stateroom swapping, just let individuals purchase regardless of the others.

I get Carnival is hedging its bet that most individuals can't and won't utilize every drink each day, but man what a PITA they've made this.

15 drinks is 15 drinks, whether they are shared or not. Loosen the purse strings!

This is exactly why I don't understand making every adult in the same room purchase it. If you allow musical 'chairs' of stateroom swapping, just let individuals purchase regardless of the others.

I get Carnival is hedging its bet that most individuals can't and won't utilize every drink each day, but man what a PITA they've made this.

15 drinks is 15 drinks, whether they are shared or not. Loosen the purse strings!

Worst case, someone would have to carry two cards with them which doesn't seem to me like it would be a big deal

I totally agree with you about the "musical chairs". But you have to remember that not everyone has a buddy or child to play musical chair room swap. Hubby and I usually cruise with just each other so no swapping for us.

Also I don't see the program as a flat rate for 15 drinks. MHO is that Carnival knows that on port days you will drink less and even on Sea Days not everyone can keep up the pace of 15drinks a day. That is how they based the price. If they allow sharing so that 15 drink limit is reached then they will go up on the price.

Perhaps they could find a way, (different glasses?) to distinguish drinks purchased on the Cheers package and then enforcing their own rule about regarding sharing. I am sure there would be an out cry when someone purchased Cheers and then had it revoked because they were sharing. But it wouldn't take long for people to understand they are serious.

As I re read this I realized that very few people follow the rules anymore and Carnival doesn't enforce theirs anyway.

Edited by springs741