Blu Menus on Connie

rob12782

Sometimes the crew goes above and beyond (basically always). I asked Tijana, the Maitre de, for copies of the menu the other day and at breakfast this morning she gave me original menus for each day to take home with me.

Sent from my 831C using Forums mobile app

I believe Tijuana is the hostess and Thelma is the Maître d in Blu on Connie.

Tijuana is great and does all of the work, that's why many think she's the maître d.

I believe Tijuana is the hostess and Thelma is the Maître d in Blu on Connie.

Tijuana is great and does all of the work, that's why many think she's the maître d.

That may be, I saw another woman here and there but never caught her name, probably Thelma. For all intents and purposes Tijana is the one that took care of the restaurant; if she's not Maitre d she should be.

Don't know if your phone auto-corrected on her name but I double checked to be sure, and it is Tijana not Tijuana.

I was on a 14 nighter in Blu to Canada on Summit and there were no repeats in 14 nights.

Thanks very much.

Another first timer question... if there is an item on the MDR menu for that evening which is appealing, will they serve it to you in Blu, or are you strictly limited to what is listed on the Blu menu?

Thanks very much.

Another first timer question... if there is an item on the MDR menu for that evening which is appealing, will they serve it to you in Blu, or are you strictly limited to what is listed on the Blu menu?

I can't speak for the s class, we have only been on the Constellation. My wife did what you are asking about 2 or 3 nights on our cruise. Depending on the night it might have been an appetizer, salad or entree. I talk about it in my review but basically the M class MDR and Blu share a kitchen so it is not really a strain on the waitstaff, not so on the S class.

I can't speak for the s class, we have only been on the Constellation. My wife did what you are asking about 2 or 3 nights on our cruise. Depending on the night it might have been an appetizer, salad or entree. I talk about it in my review but basically the M class MDR and Blu share a kitchen so it is not really a strain on the waitstaff, not so on the S class.

Thanks.

Yes, I will be on the Constellation as well, and had noticed they appear to share kitchens. Good to know that we might have some flexibility, although the menus for Blu look great.

Hello. I am sailing on March 2. What is Blu?

Blu is a restaurant set aside for guests staying in Aqua Class cabins. This is their regular dining room instead of the Main Dining Room. Suite guests are allowed in on an available basis and there is supposed to be a surcharge for them to use it. Reports are mixed on whether or not suite guests are turned away or charged.