Cabin help with the Serenade of the Seas

In case KeywestK doesn't see the question I think I can answer it. We have been directly above in 8088, identical cabin and balcony. We had two lounge chairs, two regular chairs and two tables (sometimes just one table). I don't think the balcony feels dark/closed in or makes the room feel that way, but I appreciate the additional shade and privacy for Caribbean cruises. Your cabin is right next to the elevators - first room going down the hall. We love the location and the balcony and I think those trump any cabin issues. Also, we don't go to bed early and if we want quiet then we just sit out and enjoy the balcony so the noise is a non-issue for us. I think people either love these cabins or hate them. We love them.

Hi KeywestK/Karen,

We are cruising on Serenade of the Seas April 18, 2016 in cabin E1-7094 and noticed that you had stayed in 7092 before. We usually have a deluxe ocean view balcony cabin and this is our first time with this type of balcony. Were there both lounge chairs and regular chairs? Did the balcony make the cabin feel "dark/closed in" since it was long/pie shaped? The deck plan shows it is close to the elevator?

You will hear the entertainment every night from the Centrum and anything that is going on in the Centrum if they are using the sound system. Everything stops around mid-night.

Thank you for the feedback! I'm so happy to hear that it doesn't feel dark in the cabin. We stay up late so the Centrum noise won't bother us either. We had a balcony cabin on Allure last year that was next to the elevator and loved that location too. Really looking forward to having lounge chairs on the balcony.

Any suggestions for excursions? We are going to Aruba, Bonaire, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua and Grenada. The only excursion I am definite on is whale watching in Grenada or St. Lucia. Really like site-seeing rain forests, beaches, etc. The 4 x 4 safari's sound fun,

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Ron & Kathy

Ohio

Thank you for the feedback! I'm so happy to hear that it doesn't feel dark in the cabin. We stay up late so the Centrum noise won't bother us either. We had a balcony cabin on Allure last year that was next to the elevator and loved that location too. Really looking forward to having lounge chairs on the balcony.

Any suggestions for excursions? We are going to Aruba, Bonaire, Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua and Grenada. The only excursion I am definite on is whale watching in Grenada or St. Lucia. Really like site-seeing rain forests, beaches, etc. The 4 x 4 safari's sound fun,

Happy New Year to you and yours!

Ron & Kathy

Ohio

Hi Ron&Kathy,

I've been researching the Centrum hump cabins/noise issue all day yesterday and today as I had the opportunity today to score a directly mid-hump E2 8594 on Jewel for May!!! :D:D I just got off Jewel, and sailed both Radiance&Serenade in the last year... I've been really trying to pay attention to all the CC'ers here with opinions with regard to the balconies a I'm definitely no expert on the Radiance Class ships. Maybe now I have some first hand opinion as I really paid attention knowing I have a very forward balcony coming up that I wanted to change if an opening came up on the hump which it did yesterday luckily for me...

I noted that on every single night until midnight you will likely hear the drone or muffled sounds in the Centrum as the the live music is booked until midnight most nights (in the compass too). Some nights louder than others depending on the event. I was on deck 8 just two weeks ago and most always made my way from the stairs around the wall which "protects" the hump balcony cabins 8602 to 8588 and... sometimes I went to bed early (ie. 10:30-11 and other after midnight). Those cabins right at the entrance to the centrum (ie. 8602 and 8588) were loud in the hallway, and you can hear the centrum at least 2 doors down the hallway. But those cabins directly behind the wall (ie. 8594 and 8596) you can hear very little. I suspect your cabin on 7 with no wall protection right at the entrance to the Centrum will get that noise. If you stay up until later as I do you will not have a problem whatsoever as they pipe in low level music after midnight in the Centrum throughout the night until the morning.

Excursion suggestions:

Aruba - rent open air 4x4 jeep and drive the island, you can drive on the beaches on the northern side from the lighthouse to the natural bridge! What a thrill

Bonaire - Hands down Woodwind (google them, best snorkeling ever)

Barbados - Silvermoon catamarans

St Lucia - Beautiful island!!! Land (rainforest, waterfall, mud bath) & Sea (power boat, beach at the Pitons) tour... I did Herod's

Antigua - Adventure Antigua's Xtreme navigation Tour on a 42' speedboat. Awesome day!

Have a great cruise!:D

Hi Hoopster!

Thanks for the great information! The 4x4's, mud bath, waterfalls and Pitons have all been added to my To Do cruise notes. We spent our 25th wedding anniversary on the Jewel and absolutely loved it! My favorite spot was the Solarium and the jungle theme. This will be our first time on the Serenade and to the Southern Caribbean so we are really looking forward to it. I want to do some type of excursion on every island since we haven't been there before. Have a great day!

We just got off a B2B on the Serenade and had cabin 8594 on the center of the hump. We love this location as it is close to the elevators and you are not bothered by the noise in the Centrum at night because of the wall that separates the cabins and the Centrum. It's also a great location because you can see forward and aft from your balcony and there are no obstructions from the lifeboats below you, so you can see right to the water. I always book a mid ship cabin as I am prone to seasickness.

We are booked next month just above you, 9584, center hump. :)

Edited by island lady