Sinorama Gold 8 Yangtze River cruise & Imperial China Tour

lamchops

I called Verizon, in case anyone else is reading this. They have a plan that includes 100 minutes of calling (Chinese numbers as well as US), 100 outgoing texts, unlimited incoming texts and 100mg of data for $40. Unfortunately 100mg is enough for just a few emails and each additional 100mg is $25. That could get expensive fast if we can't find free wi-fi.

As we have kids in the US and family in other countries that we will need to stay in touch with via WhatsApp and wechat we will need more data.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Just another heads-up. We used the $40 International plan from AT&T and I didn't get charged anything extra. I sent a bunch of pix out, and texted back and forth unlimited. I even phoned people in our group (who had American phone numbers) and wasn't charge a penny for them. It was great! Worth the 40 bucks!

• 5 months later...

Think the answer is "depends on your bus". Our group had four buses, broken out for the most part by nationality. (Aussies with Aussies, Brits with Brits, etc.) Our bus had the least number of folks so we had room to spread out a bit (If I remember correctly, 40 passenger bus with 26 on it) That being said, our group pretty much picked out a row and stuck to them, although wasn't required. To be honest, with the pace we kept, most people just slept when on the bus.

Our bus held 40 and there was also around 26 on the bus. Generally we sat in the same seats as we originally took, but because of a number of empty seats, those in the back could shuffle around as most of the front seats were all taken up. We actually preferred the back as we could stretch out. The buses are pretty high up so everyone has a pretty good view from any seat.

Wow I thought this thread would be dead...glad to see all of you still checking in, this thread has been so helpful! I am leaving March 19 on a little different tour than most. Back to Ancient Capitals of China 18 day. We board the Yangtze in Wuhan (no Three Gorges) 4 nights ending our cruise in Shanghai. Don't hear much about that part of the Yangtze we are going to Yellow Mountain. We have 1 internal flight and 3 high speed train rides.

I'm most concerned about weather...how cool it will be? Glad to hear buses aren't packed. This was a TZ special that I booked in August.

Getting excited my visas are on the way!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
Wow I thought this thread would be dead...glad to see all of you still checking in, this thread has been so helpful! I am leaving March 19 on a little different tour than most. Back to Ancient Capitals of China 18 day. We board the Yangtze in Wuhan (no Three Gorges) 4 nights ending our cruise in Shanghai. Don't hear much about that part of the Yangtze we are going to Yellow Mountain. We have 1 internal flight and 3 high speed train rides.

I'm most concerned about weather...how cool it will be? Glad to hear buses aren't packed. This was a TZ special that I booked in August.

Getting excited my visas are on the way!

Hi I've been looking at doing this trip later this year and would love to hear about your experience. I'm trying to plan an anniversary trip for my wife and I (we are 33 and celebrating 10 years and she's always wanted to go to China). thanks!

looking at this one... https://asia.sinorama.ca/asia/index.php/asiatour/detail/index/CHT-15B-2018/SA-0008?utm_source=travelzoo&utm_medium=nf&utm_content=us&utm_campaign=tz20180514#dailyAnchor1