Question about C&A points?

My first RC cruise was a 7-day on the Rhapsody in 2004. I was only given one point for that cruise. Every cruise after that, I have one point per night. Double points for suites. Should I call and ask about it or does anyone here know if the point system was different in 2004? :confused:

Edited by Ladysilver

Check your actual total. When they converted to the new system of one point per night, you should have received 8 points for the 7 night cruise. That 8 points plus all the points earned since should equal what they have for your total.

I had C&A points added to my account from past cruises in 2004 and 2005, I recevied 1 point for my 7 night cruise, and 3 points for my 10 night cruise. I was told that the point accumulation process changed, and that was all they could give me for past dated cruises. I just took what they gave me and moved on, it was nice to give me credit for something that happened so lon gin the past.

It will always show in the system as 1 or 2 points (depending on length of cruise and if you were in a suite). However, when they did the changeover they should have calculated things out properly. Heaven knows they often did not for whatever crazy reason, and some people got LUCKY in the process, getting a few extra points.

It doesn't hurt to call and ask if you're not sure how the calculations should be. Just always remember, don't be foul, be nice and give them a chance to fix it.

Judy

Before January 21, 2011 you were given 1 point per cruise (for regular rooms, not sure about suites). When they changed after that date they gave you credit for the nights you previously cruised and then all future cruises have 1 point per night. (except for suites, etc.)

I sailed an 8 nighter, a 7 nighter and a 4 nighter before the change. I should have been awarded 19 points but they gave me 22.

You can check your cruise history on RCCL's site and most likely you have the correct amount of points in your total. It just looks weird when it shows only one point for the prior cruises.

I sailed an 8 nighter, a 7 nighter and a 4 nighter before the change. I should have been awarded 19 points but they gave me 22.

The actual conversion was number of credits times 7 plus a small bonus (1 point if you had 1-4 credits, 3 points if you had 5-7 credits, and 13 if you had 8 or more credits). (3*7)+1=22

Ok, I called and everything was explained to me. I do have the correct number of points. It's still showing a 1 next to my 2004 cruise though. Go figure. :cool:

Mine all show 1 point as well before 2011, but the actual number us credits is correct.

The actual conversion was number of credits times 7 plus a small bonus (1 point if you had 1-4 credits, 3 points if you had 5-7 credits, and 13 if you had 8 or more credits). (3*7)+1=22

Make sense! Thanks