Teppanyaki on the Dawn with a shellfish allergy

BeachMartini

Hi All,

We will be sailing the Dawn to Bermuda in June. Someone in our party is allergic to shellfish. Is it possible for him to have his dinner prepared in a kitchen somewhere so his food isn't contaminated? He is fine to be in the restaurant, just can't have any shellfish or food that's been prepared on the same surface as shellfish. I don't think this is a crazy request, but wanted to check with the experts before making a reservation.

Thanks!

Yes. I have a peanut and shellfish allergy, no problem.

If I'm the first seating( table has been cleaned/sanitized) they cook mine first on the griddle before cooking the shellfish. If I have a later seating and the grill has already been used they cook mine separate in the back kitchen.

Been at least 5 or 6 times and never had an issue

How does the teppanyaki actually work?

Do the chefs offer you food after they cook it (like a Brazillian churascurria) or do you order what you want?

Also as someone who doesn't like seafood would my chicken/beef end up tasting a bit fishy?

Thanks for any help.

How does the teppanyaki actually work?

Do the chefs offer you food after they cook it (like a Brazillian churascurria) or do you order what you want?

Also as someone who doesn't like seafood would my chicken/beef end up tasting a bit fishy?

Thanks for any help.

You sit around a table usually about an 8 top

You order off of a menu

http://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/18372__Teppanyaki%20web%20Pearl.pdf

The chef cooks the food and does a little show.

Usually they cook the chicken first, beef for anyone who wants well done then the seafood last as it cooks quickest...

Edited by russianmom

Someone at our table had a shellfish allergy. They cooked the other dishes first (steak, chicken, etc.) and served those, then they did the shrimp afterwards on the same grill, since shrimp only takes a couple minutes. That's exactly the same way I've seen it done at other Japanese steakhouses. (For some crazy reason, we had 4 visits in a row where there was a shellfish allergy at our table!)