Fare viewer with upgrades included in price

laurenpie

Hello,

I am not expecting a price drop, probably at all - or not yet anyway.

But for when/if, I want to make sure I am looking at the right thing.

I paid for category 4B, but got a free upgrade (when booking) to category 4D.

When looking at the prices on the fare viewer, do I look for the reduced price under 4B (which was what was paid for), or category 4D (which is where I am staying)?

Thank you :)

Hello,

I am not expecting a price drop, probably at all - or not yet anyway.

But for when/if, I want to make sure I am looking at the right thing.

I paid for category 4B, but got a free upgrade (when booking) to category 4D.

When looking at the prices on the fare viewer, do I look for the reduced price under 4B (which was what was paid for), or category 4D (which is where I am staying)?

Thank you :)

If your cabin is a 4D, this is what you will need to price match.

Fareviewer is another website inside of carnival that shows rates without having to do a mock-booking. However, it does not account for the fees/taxes which need to be added into the fare to do a price match.

However, it does not account for the fees/taxes which need to be added into the fare to do a price match.

When price matching you are matching to the category stateroom you are in MINUS fees/taxes. The fees/taxes are not considered part of the cruise fare. That is why fareviewer is so helpful.

When price matching you are matching to the category stateroom you are in MINUS fees/taxes. The fees/taxes are not considered part of the cruise fare. That is why fareviewer is so helpful.

agree, that you are comparing the price of the category but you do need to add in the fees/taxes. If they go up, which does happen, the difference between category rates will be reduced. This is why I prefer a mock-booking because it factors in all costs.

agree, that you are comparing the price of the category but you do need to add in the fees/taxes. If they go up, which does happen, the difference between category rates will be reduced. This is why I prefer a mock-booking because it factors in all costs.

I agree. Fare viewer is a good place to start, but if you see a price drop, you'd be well served to double-check it with a mock booking to make sure the fees/taxes haven't increased before submitting the price protection form.

Also, certain promos you may qualify for can't be seen in fare viewer--you'd have to be logged in to see those.

When I booked there was a free upgrade special and I upgraded from a 4D to a 4K for no extra cost. Since I also got ES I asked my PVP what happens if price for interior goes down but the 4Ks are all gone. He told me that since I got an free upgrade from a 4D, any decrease/OBC would be based on the 4D price not the 4K. Was he wrong?

When I booked there was a free upgrade special and I upgraded from a 4D to a 4K for no extra cost. Since I also got ES I asked my PVP what happens if price for interior goes down but the 4Ks are all gone. He told me that since I got an free upgrade from a 4D, any decrease/OBC would be based on the 4D price not the 4K. Was he wrong?

The category that you are in (4K in your case) is what you are matching. Technically if there are no rooms left in your category they don't have to price match that category even if prices drop. I paid for a 4a but am in a 4h, I only look for price drops in the 4h category.