Nassau/ Freeport beach experts?!!?

Mrs. Ram

Cabbage Beach would be gorgeous for pictures, if you walk a little bit to get away from the crowds. There is a public entrance next to the RIU hotel. Walk to the right until you find a quiet spot.

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

While you're on Paradise Island, you might want to take some pictures at the Cloisters. It's a beautiful spot for photos. In fact, when we were there, there was a bride having some pictures taken. :)

ry%3D480

ry%3D480

Edited by CruisinCrow

I should mention that the pictures above were on an unusually calm day. I think the waves are normally bigger.

Here is a picture of Cabbage Beach on a day when the waves were rougher. You can kind of see where you need to go to get away from the people. Once you walk down a bit, no one will bother you.

ry%3D480

Wow. Beautiful pix!! Thank you.

We will be in Nassau first week of November for the 2nd time since 2006.

If my son (20) doesn't want to go to Atlantis, how would we get to Cabbage Beach?

We are avid beach goers and body surfers.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Wow. Beautiful pix!! Thank you.

We will be in Nassau first week of November for the 2nd time since 2006.

If my son (20) doesn't want to go to Atlantis, how would we get to Cabbage Beach?

We are avid beach goers and body surfers.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Happy Sailing!

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

A taxi ($4 a person, plus tip) will drop you off at the public entrance. You can rent lounge chairs and umbrellas but be warned that there aren't any "facilities". :) There are vendors there that will sell you drinks but I don't think there is any food and definitely no bathrooms.

Another option is to get a day pass at the RIU. It costs $75 a person if you purchase the day pass in advance and it covers all your food and drinks, plus use of the pool, lounge chairs, towels, bathrooms, etc. I think it's worth it, depending on how long you're planning on staying at the beach.

Do be careful at Cabbage Beach. On rough days it can be dangerous. I recommended it for picture-taking but I wouldn't recommend it for swimming or children (unless they just plan to play in the sand). Before you go, you might want to check back to ask about the current water conditions.