Last minute TIPS for the JEWEL

Spanky My

We leave tomorrow and fly into Houston and an overnight stay near the port! Would you take a Taxi from Houston hobby or what to seabrook?

As to the cruise any tips on the Jewel for those who just got off that we should do ..Where you recommend to eat....and what shows you prefered?

Thanks folks for your advice! :)

If you are flying into Hobby a taxi will probably run you about $60 to Seabrook.

It looks like SuperShuttle might be about $10 less but you'll probably have to wait for it to show up at the airport and then drop others off.

If you are flying into Intercontinental airport that's much farther out and the fares will be much higher.

We took Super Shuttle from Hobby to Seabrook hotel several weeks ago. $68 for two persons. They have a desk in the Hobby lobby. Return to Hobby from port was $45 I believe. Very efficient I thought. The Jewel has a Spinaker observation lounge/bar, the Great Outdoors open eating area/grill, excellent for breakfast. Overflow seating in the Itialian restaurant attached to it port side. , and a bridge viewing room (deck 11, port side, all the way forward), and an excellent buffet I think. All of those we really like. Do see the Le Cirque Bijou show in the Stardust theater. enter on deck 6 and sit about half way back at least. Opens at 6;45. be there then and you can get good seats. It fills up.

We leave tomorrow and fly into Houston and an overnight stay near the port! Would you take a Taxi from Houston hobby or what to seabrook?

As to the cruise any tips on the Jewel for those who just got off that we should do ..Where you recommend to eat....and what shows you prefered?

Thanks folks for your advice! :)

I called the taxi, and they told me it would cost about $39.00 total for me and my wife to get to the Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks. The shuttle said we would be charged 60.00.

I called the taxi, and they told me it would cost about $39.00 total for me and my wife to get to the Crowne Plaza Houston River Oaks. The shuttle said we would be charged 60.00.

We stayed at the Crowne Plaza River Oaks on the night before our recent cruise on the Jewel -- I assume you are doing it through NCL like we did. We drove down from North Texas, though, so I can't comment on transportation options.

NCL had a shuttle that was going from the hotel to the Bayport cruise port, leaving about 12:30 (checkout time was noon). Although it was included in our package, we didn't use the shuttle because we had our own car and just parked at the port. It took us about 45 mins. to an hour to drive from the hotel to the port.

I was on the Jewel in January and the bone-in ribeye at Cagney's was amazing. Maltings whiskey bar sometimes had hot popcorn in the early evening, so that was nice for a snack. Speaking of snacks, I really enjoyed sitting at the bar in O'Sheehans and enjoying their appetizers - mozzarella sticks, spinach dip, and chicken wings were all quite tasty.

• 4 weeks later...