Beach in barbados

Dr.Mabuse

Hi Dr. Mabuse

Accra Beach is a great beach beautifull sand and sea.

The beach infront of the parking area can be bussy at certain times of the year but if you walk down the beach a bit you come to a much quieter place.

If you dont want to walk down the beach you can simply have the cab driver drop you off at Sugar Reef Restaurant. You may walk through the restaurant to the beach. They have beach chairs and umbrellas and a lovely veiw down the beach and the sea.

In terms of food you will find the food and drinks at Sugar Reef are great. Thay also have a shower that you may wash off the sand and saltwater if you wish.

It realy is a lovely spot:)

I am happy to help :)

There are many beautifull beaches in Barbados with beach bars both on the south and west coast.

I find Accra especialy in front of Sugar Reef ideal not only is it one of the most beautifull beaches but the area in front of Sugar reef does not seem to get to many if any beach bum type guys or vendors.

It is just a great spot to relax zone out enjoy the sunshine scenery and drink tropical drinks with little umbrellas :)

every once in a while Accra has good waves. Not always though. 2 Sundays ago there were not many waves at all. Much of it depends on the weather surrounding the island.

If you are wanting waves all the time, Accra isn't the place to go. But it depends on what you are looking for as the beach is great there and it's a great place to swim.

There are rocks in the water in places, but not all over, and there are crowds, from time to time.. but it depends on when you are there. Weekends and holidays are the busiest.

Hi Dr Mabuse

Your best bt on a beach is probably Accra or on the South like Bayshore .

Accra is realy good the reason I say this is there are no rocks where the waves wash on to the shore sometimes on the west coastthere are quite alot.

In the water there are a few in a spot but just a spot they are not all over.

I know what I will do I will upload pics on to my website and place them here for you to see how great it is :) I will go work on that now and they should be up in 10 min

Hi :)

You are all very welcome I am happy to help

I would say Taxi fare from the Port to the beach and back to the Port altogether should be between US$25 - US$35.00

Always agree on a price before you get in a Cab :) There is a Taxi Stand at the beach so it will be no problem getting a Cab back. If you have any problems ask at Sugar Reef and they will be happy to call one for you

When you go if you go in Sugar Reef ask for Carol she is my Aunt you can tell her Sarah sent you. I love to go and sit on the beach there and order drinks with umbrellas I know cheesey right. Ther is just something about a beautifull beach like that and a great fruitpunch or Pina Collada with a umbreallla LOL:cool: :D

Have a great time everyone:)

Hi :)

As far as I know none of the beaches do in Barbados

What I can suggest that you do is get your chairs up by Sugar Reef and keep them infront of the Restaurant that area is quieter

There is a guy who works for Sugar Reef renting the beach chairs and he is a good guy you can ask him to keep an eye out when you go in the water if you like and maby give him a little tip. It is safe on the beach though so you dont realy even need to do that:)

I leave cash in my bag my watch andmy celphone when I go in the water and I have never had a problem. There are also coast gaurd stationed on the beach. and sometimes police are around:)

Where exactly is Accra Beach?

We hope to hire a car on our day in Barbados, so would be looking to drive there. Would it be easy to park nearby? Would we have to pay for parking? We have always gone to Carlisle Bay, do you think Accra is better?

If we did do Carlisle Bay is it feasible to walk to it from the port?

Thanks

Hi Sqeakydust

Accra Beach is on the South Coast about 10-15 min from the port there is a parlinglot for the beach and parking is free. There are also showers to wash off the saltwater and sand.

Re the Accra & Carlisle bay thing um they are a bit diffrent but I think I would say Accra. Actually if you drive towards Carlisle bay and keep going for a while after Carlisle bay you will come to Accra. I would suggest renting a car or just getting a cab:)

Where exactly is Accra Beach?

We hope to hire a car on our day in Barbados, so would be looking to drive there. Would it be easy to park nearby? Would we have to pay for parking? We have always gone to Carlisle Bay, do you think Accra is better?

If we did do Carlisle Bay is it feasible to walk to it from the port?

Thanks

Thanks Sarah

I've tried to find a detailed map of Barbados on the net but can't. I'm sure we still have our old map from years ago, but I doubt it's on that.

Is it before or after Hastings?

You said to just drive a bit after Carlisle Bay, but unless it's signposted we'll not know it's there!

I remember walking round from our hotel in Hastingsto Carlisle Bay for the first time. It was very rocky in places. I think we passed a Holiday Inn, but not sure if it's still there. My memory is rather fuzzy from 16 years ago!!

You will actually pass the Accra Beach Hotel on the main road, just before actually getting to Accra Beach. Quayside Centre (a small open shopping strip) will be on your left and the parking lot to Accra Beach.. and the Beach will be on your right (that's if you are coming from the port and Carlisle Bay).

Debbie, Accra Beach has a beach facility which houses restrooms and showers and outside showers, as well as a play park for children.

enjoy

Archived