Coupon4diva's Carnival Fantasy Review 1/23/15-1/28/15

coupon4diva

We went up to the buffet for lunch. It was Caribbean day so we decided to try it out. Lunch was great. We went out on the back deck to watch the ship sail off and then back to the room for a much needed nap. Who knew that we would be sleeping until 8:30pm:eek:. We decided against dinner in the dining room and instead went to the grill. I had a ruben and eventually some prosciutto pizza. Honey had a sandwich(forgot which one) and pepperoni pizza. I didn't remember to take a picture of my sandwich but I did take one of the pizza. After dinner we just sat back and watched the rest of the ProBowl and then went back to the cabin.

lunch

ry%3D400

Miami Vice...yummy!

ry%3D400

Mariner of the Seas coming into the port.

ry%3D400

Honey with his thinking pose.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Day 4- Nassau

We woke up at 9:30am that morning and had already decided on a beach day in Nassau so we didn't rush to get off the ship. Today was my honey's birthday!! We headed up to the Lido deck for breakfast at 11:00am. I had an omelet at the omelet station and it was awesome! After letting it digest a little I went back and got another one. I just couldn't help myself. Anyway once breakfast was over we went back to the room and got our stuff to head out to the beach. After doing some research I decided we would walk to Junkanoo Beach and spend the day there. It was not that far of a walk and it gave you a chance to see a little of Nassau.

My two cents- Once again, grain of salt when reading reviews. I, at no point, was in fear of my life or my belongings being stolen. I understand that things happen so I am not debating that, but reading these reviews will really have you paranoid and hiding under a rock. The people we encountered on our way to the beach tried to sell us things, advertise their restaurant/bar etc, but a simple no thanks and that ended it. I am really scratching my head behind some of the things that I read about these super aggressive folks that don't take no for an answer. I honestly would not allow someone to bully me into buying anything but never once did I have to say no twice. Nassau was really nothing like what I expected. I expected it to be filled with non stop foolishness unless I wanted to pay a small fortune to go to Atlantis. Once again just not the case. I'll be back in September on a Disney cruise with my son and I definitely will not be apprehensive to take him to the beach (whichever one I decide to visit). I will definitely use the same vigilance that I use in my everyday life but not to the point of paranoia. I have always been one to be aware of my surroundings so I'll just continue doing that. I think if you just exercise wisdom you should be fine.

So we finally made it off the boat at around 1:00pm and walked over to the beach. We walked past the first tikihut because it was a bit crowded. Instead we sat down at a bench and before we could get settled a young lady from another hut came over to us to see if we wanted something to drink. She was very hospitable and offered to bring our drinks over to us. We decided to sit closer to the hut as there was a bit more shade over there. I forgot to mention that it was incredibly windy that day. Everything was blowing away. We decided against getting in the water and just decided to lay back and enjoy our drinks, free wifi and the sun!

As compared to the beach from the day before you could tell that this beach was more frequently visited. There were cigarette butts and other things in the sand. Not sure if I would visit this one again but I guess it just depends. It served the purpose that it was supposed to serve and we had a relaxing few hours to enjoy our surroundings. We took some pictures and then headed back to the ship. On our way back we stopped into a souvenir shop so I could pick up something for my baby boy and mother. The workers at the store didn't really seem to care that we were there and were more concerned with the inventory they were doing. As you might have figured out by now I am big on customer service so that really didn't sit too well with me. Finally I made my choices, headed to the register and we left. (probably should have just left but we were short on time)

We got back to the boat by 4:30pm, dropped our stuff off in the cabin then headed off to lunch. Once we had our food we went to the back deck to eat and watch the sail away. As soon as were leaving a dark cloud started moving over the area and there was a little drizzle. I think that is why we left at 4:55pm and not 5:00pm. So happy that didn't happen while we were on the beach!! After lunch we went back to the cabin for a nap. We were up by around 7:30pm, got ready for dinner and got to the dining room by 9:00pm. Christopher and his crew were on point as usual and we had a lovely time. They sang happy birthday for my honey and gave him a slice of cake with a candle to blow out! He really enjoyed that especially when Christopher said he was celebrating his 21st birthday. It's the small things in life!! After dinner we headed over to the comedy show. Kelly Terranova performed again and was hilarious again!! Off to the cabin for some relaxation/quality time!

Breakfast

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

I was clearly not ready for this photo

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Day 5- Sea Day

We woke up at 9:30am, got ready and was heading to brunch by 11am. I had two orders of huevos rancheros and the mac & cheese. I completely forgot to take pictures but everything was great. It was actually a little chilly so once we were done we went back to the cabin so I could change my clothes. I ended up changing into honey's sweatshirt. We went back up to the stores to look around and do a little shopping. We stepped out to the Lido deck to see what was going on but it was way too cold to stay so back to the cabin we went! Yes, by now you know how this story went. We got up and decided to go up to the buffet for dinner. It was around 7:40pm when we headed up to the Lido deck. We ate dinner and enjoyed each other's company for a while before heading downstairs to look at our pictures. After making our purchases we went over to the comedy show. They had a double header and it was definitely the best way to end the night. Kelly Terranova was hilarious as usual but Azeem was ridiculously funny. I literally had tears running down my face. My head, throat and stomach was hurting by the end of his show. I absolutely love to laugh and this was the best! After the show we went up to the Lido deck for some pizza and brought it back to the cabin where we packed and watched movies. I was so sad that this wonderful time away was coming to an end. I really enjoyed myself!

Day 6- Debarkation

We woke up at 6:00am and we got ready. We elected to self assist since we had the FTTF. We left the cabin at 8:00 and was on a taxi by 8:30am. Again absolutely seamless process of going through customs and walking down the street to the taxi stand. Our flight wasn't actually leaving until 12:00pm so we just watched a movie while in the airport and the time flew time. We were back by 1:30pm. It was a wonderful trip!!

Sorry forgot to take the flash off.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Dinner

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Goodbye show...I guess!

ry%3D400

Kelly Terranova and I!

ry%3D400

Last one of the cruise.

ry%3D400

Getting ready to leave the next morning.

ry%3D400

On the way to the airport.

ry%3D400

Thanks everyone for reading. Let me know if I forgot to address anything. If you have any questions or comments please feel free! Also my next cruise will be in August on the Conquest. Look out for that review as well!!

Really enjoyed your review. We loved our Fantasy cruise in December. I hope we will enjoy the Fascination just as much later this month. Thank you for taking the time to share your cruise with us!

No problem! I wish I was going somewhere at the end of the month...lol!! Enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the review! DH and I have booked the kayak excursion in Freeport and I enjoyed reading about your experience. I can't wait to go myself!

Oh that's great!! I already know you guys will have fun! Thanks for reading.

Thank you for sharing your story. It sounded like you had a great time. You seem very positive about everything and that is wonderful.

Thanks for reading! Yes, I had a wonderful time! It was a badly needed break, and the one thing that I love about cruising(or vacations for that matter)is you make it what you want it to be! There is no right or wrong way to find inner peace!