Car Rental from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral

Nanatochase

I need some help....we are planning our cruise and are thinking about flying in the day before and renting a car to take us to the hotel in Cocoa Beach. In doing our "research" for the best deals, we have seen prices all over the place....keep in mind that we are only renting it for 1 day and turning it in the next day. And we want to pick it up IN the airport and returning it in Cocoa Beach. We have seen prices from $17.00 - 87.00 (and up). Of course, I like the $17.00 price, but you know the saying..."cheaper is not always better" and "you get what you pay for". SO.....what have any of you experienced renting a car at that cheaper price and was there any "hidden" fees with it? Any help and advice will be much appreciated. Sorry I rattled on and on.....

I need some help....we are planning our cruise and are thinking about flying in the day before and renting a car to take us to the hotel in Cocoa Beach. In doing our "research" for the best deals, we have seen prices all over the place....keep in mind that we are only renting it for 1 day and turning it in the next day. And we want to pick it up IN the airport and returning it in Cocoa Beach. We have seen prices from $17.00 - 87.00 (and up). Of course, I like the $17.00 price, but you know the saying..."cheaper is not always better" and "you get what you pay for". SO.....what have any of you experienced renting a car at that cheaper price and was there any "hidden" fees with it? Any help and advice will be much appreciated. Sorry I rattled on and on.....

I've done it 3-4 times with Budget. Price around $35 all in. Taxes and fees were about $7 of that price

We typically rent from Avis, more for the corporate rate I qualify for than anything else. I would stick to the big brands (Hertz, Avis, Budget, etc.) and book something you can live with now that can be cancelled without penalty - then keep shopping.

Car rental prices and discount codes change all the time - if you find a better deal, book it and cancel the first one, and then keep shopping. In my limited experience prices in FLA vary with the tourist season and tend to drop 2-3 weeks before your trip - then rise to catch the last minute travelers, although some last minute deals are possible.

Good luck! :)

• 1 month later...

I have a car booked with car rentals dot com from Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral for May that costs me $17 total. The rental is with Avis. Someone on my rollcall booked through them for another cruise in February and said only with a small issue with "not driving 75 miles", which luckily she had printed her booking and there is not mention of that, she said the price was honored.

On the way back, I booked directly with Budget for about $35 with a code I found online.