Info needed ie: prescription drugs in Belize

KSnewbie

It is against the law to drive above the speed limit, too...

Maybe customs will wake up one day and set up "speed traps" for ships that call in Belize. People were buying all kids of addictive meds when we were there . . .

Maybe customs will wake up one day and set up "speed traps" for ships that call in Belize. People were buying all kids of addictive meds when we were there . . .

Maybe someday we will stop blowing up the rest of the world and exporting our problems overseas? Yeah, right.

How about fixing what is wrong in the US?

Belize is one of the few countries the US hasn't p*ssed off. And they speak English.

How about fixing what is wrong in the US?

Exactly!! If the US would focus on our problems; our problems would be minimal! In fact, if the US focused on why other countries can provide affordable drugs for its population, then we would not be having this discussion! And, the affordability of drugs in Belize would not be an issue.

I know this thread has been going on for a long time. My question is, (for those who have bought prescription drugs there)how much do they cost? Are they any cheaper? Do Americans really buy that much from Belize? I am only curious if they sell Imitrex there, and how much it cost?

Do not order anything over the internet from this store. I sent a great amount of money and have yet to receive what I paid for. She has used all the right excuses...

It is in the mail..

Take 4 weeks....

Maybe it was confiscated...I will send it again.....but of course you have to wait 4 more weeks because it goes thru Mexico.....ETC...

She may seem sincere but she is a thief...She should be taken to jail and her shop closed..... Believe me when I warn you that you will be taken for your money.

Just look at how many have had a bad time getting order and what some who know people says he get . It look like he did not order but is talking about something he has no first hand knowledge of.

Just look at how many have had a bad time getting order and what some who know people says he get . It look like he did not order but is talking about something he has no first hand knowledge of.

The business is legit. Some people pay for their cruises with the money they save.

I'm still waiting for someone to say how long ago they ordered (and PAID) and what they ordered.

Just curious if you are ordering drugs for legitimate or recreational purpose.

Also curious if are ordering for the latter, would you prefer for the goods to show up and the Feds to bust you then?

Also curious if you have waited at least the 5 weeks before complaining.

Will you be as vocal when the goods show up? People compalin all the time about all kinds of things, but few ever seem to admit they made a mistake.

You know the bottom line is there is 3 or 4 post by people who have paid and did not get anything and one form Zyde?? who did not order but SAID they have heard that people get what they order. The start was to try and give someone info on what people have order and received or not received so they can make up their minds if they want to order from Belize. And you have turned in into something personal. Give your point of view and let people make up their minds.

As I said you have turned into something personal. I guss anyone that has to have their name that big has a problem. Aoways has to have the final word. So yes if you go into the store in Belize you can save money. I have congestive heart failure and spend over $5000 a year for Rx. And I live on SS. so any money I have stolen from me hurts.

I assume you have investigated Medicare Part D, which should help in your situation.

Pfizer may still offer some options...

Z--I assume you need to investigate into treatments for Schizophrenia...

which should help in your situation...

No wonder you have almost 6000 post.... a man that thinks he knows everything but actually knows nothing...... A Bosthoon

Z--I assume you need to investigate into treatments for Schizophrenia...

which should help in your situation...

No wonder you have almost 6000 post.... a man that thinks he knows everything but actually knows nothing...... A Bosthoon

Your personal attacks continue. I refuse to crawl under the bridge to where the trolls live.

Can you really buy drugs *****,painkillers ect.without a script

Yep, you can. I bought my "tylenol #4" from Belize and my "lipitor" from a phamacy at "costa Maya" shopping mall. I bought a 4 month supply of lipitor

for $46.00 US and in the states 1 month cost me $95.00!!!! I dont suggest everyone do this, but it doesn't bother me.

• 2 weeks later...

My son has asthma and NO medical insurance. The inhaler he needs is advair at a cost of $130 for 6o uses, (Costco price). In Belize I bought the last 6 they had for $6.00 each, (a savings of $750.00). My biggest fear was that it would be no good and I would have wasted $36.00. But no!

It is an unfortunate fact of life that Americans are paying for the research and development of drugs for the rest of the world!

• 3 weeks later...
I went to the very same drug store that is owned and operated by husband and wife both pharmacy majors. At the time my Mother was taking vioxx at the cost of $80 per month (30 pills) and I got her 120 pills for the cost of $75. I also purchased for myself diet pills (youngest sons wedding was within the next 8 months) GREAT IDEA lost 30 lbs in no time and they did not bother me at all. I also got antibotics that I use for sinus infections, lomitil for diaherra, the amoxcillian liquid for grandchildren,retin a, pain medication compared to tylenol 3, just a pain pill with codein, muscle relaxers just a number of meds I use and she explaned EVERYONE of them to myself and my friend. Did not rush us told us prices up front, explained how to take, just the same things you pharmisist at home would do. Oh yes, I also got a WONDERFUL cream called Emugel that is for arthritis. Already approved for the US at the time but for the next couple of years. I can not say enough good things about this drug store. And the same Emugel that cost me $3 in Belize was $6 in Cozumel! S. Williams Sailing on the Holiday Sept.12 if the Port of Mobile is open! and Sept.24 on the Glory going back to BELIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please tell me the name of the Diet Pills you purchased and if this place allows you to purchase online and have them shipped to the US? Thanks for the information.

HI,

We were in Belize a year and a half ago and shopped at the pharmacy at the pier that is run by the former Wal-Mart pharmacist. It was wonderful and all drugs have been consumed and were safe and effective. My daughter and I have chronic sinusitis and pay a fortune for Cipro in the US. We were able to buy this in Belize quite inexpensively.

My children and I have asthma, but the only drug they had at the time was the generic albuterol - no Advair. The albuterol was $9.00 for 1 inhaler, so I find it hard to believe Advair was $6.00. Don't get me wrong - I hope that the previous post is correct. We are going again 6/2007, and I will be at the pharmacy as soon as I can get off the ship.

We also bought Celebrex there for relatively inexpensive. I remember them having migraine medicine, ambien, Darvocet, and cholesterol medication as well - we didn't buy any of these.

We did buy the Zithromax Zpacks there for $15.00 each (less if you bought in quantity).

I don't know about the narcotics as this was not what we were in the market for.

I do know that they were out of a wonderful eczema cream that the pharmacist swears by and people were posting about at the time.:( My little one has terrible foot eczema.

I do remember contacting them by email, but the items were more expensive that way.

We did not receive anything in "baggies". All items were in sealed, labeled blister packs and packages. The labels were from the same US manufacturers.

I am a nurse, and I was hesitant to buy at the time; however, the day before we were in Belize on the Norwegian Sun, I developed a hideous sinus infection. The money we spent for all of the medicine that we bought in Belize was less than it would have cost me to see the ships doctor. 2 days after I started the antibiotics from Belize, I was feeling 300% better. No lack of medication strength there.

Anyway, my family and I can tell you from personal experience that the pharmacy was a godsend. I can't wait to go back.

Finally, I didn't have to worry about ending up in prison. Norwegian told us on the ship that as long as the medications were for ourselves - not family or friends- we wouldn't have a problem taking them into the US.

HI,

The albuterol was $9.00 for 1 inhaler, so I find it hard to believe Advair was $6.00. Don't get me wrong - I hope that the previous post is correct. We are going again 6/2007, and I will be at the pharmacy as soon as I can get off the ship.

We will be in Belize again at the end of October - this time I have a shopping list. So I hope for my sake that my memory wasn't playing tricks on me!

What would happen if they searched your bag after you checked in for the flight home and they found a 3 month supply of Ambien or Valium. Would they chuck it or what. Does anyone take precaution when packing meds to bring back. As far as diet pills someone asked about, I have friends that have bought Tenuate and Phentermine in Mexico which are very good appetite suppressants but they had to hide them coming across the border.

CWTC, I sent a message to the address you provided above and used the one I had in the cc line. The one I had bounced back but this one went through so she has a new email addy. Thanks for providing this one:

medimeds@btl.net

Ms B

I recently visited belize. I wish I had purchased Adipex diet pills. She gave me a card and said the could ship to US. I was worried about something being wrong with the medication but sounds like a lot of people have ordered from this pharmacy. Have you had them ship you anything yet? I was wondering how to go about it and to make sure you recieved what you ordered. Thanks

Please tell me the name of the Diet Pills you purchased and if this place allows you to purchase online and have them shipped to the US? Thanks for the information.
i recently visited Belize got a card from medimeds@btl.net Have you ordered anything from them over internet? Wished I had got Adipex diet pills. Was wondering if it was safe to order from them over internet. Seems like everyone has bought from this pharmacy and seems ok. Thanks any info is appreciated.