Upgrades - No Go NCL

mvrck1010

Cruising on 2/22 on the breakaway. I called just like everyone and waited for a couple of hours. They would not honor the advertised upgrades since we are sailing in less than 3 weeks. I asked if I could cancel and rebook, but they said I would be charged $900. Highly disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Cruising on 2/22 on the breakaway. I called just like everyone and waited for a couple of hours. They would not honor the advertised upgrades since we are sailing in less than 3 weeks. I asked if I could cancel and rebook, but they said I would be charged $900. Highly disappointed.

Here we go again. Really not sure I even waste my time typing this as I would bet big $$$ the OP will never be back again.

1 - Any promo that any company offers is for certain dates/events/items, etc.

2 - A cruise in three weeks is already past the final booking date. You and NCL have agreed on a price/date, etc. Done. If you cancel it, there is a big penalty.

3 - Companies, like NCL will often have a last minute sale. It is not a process to reduce the price for EVERYONE, but instead a chance to sell the remaining cabins.

Gary, my brother called them yesterday, the same cruise, and they honored the deal. How do you explain that?

Maybe your brother is a frequent customer and they treated him differently? I'm curious how far out his cruise is too. Remember the OP said she was only three weeks away. If he is further out (before final payment) then I would expect that they would honor it with no problem since he could always just cancel and rebook. Glad he got the deal! :)

I guess it's unfortunate that I already paid in full. But yes, my brother and I are on same cruise three weeks from today. I don't know if he is 100 percent paid. As this is only my second cruise, I am unaware of all the intricacies. I appreciate the feed back from the kind folks.

Gary, my brother called them yesterday, the same cruise, and they honored the deal. How do you explain that?

Is your brother's trip a NEW booking? In other words, did he book yesterday?

It couldn't be that he booked some time ago and hasn't paid in full yet. That's not possible. Final payment date passed several weeks ago.

As usual... there is more to the story here.

Edited by triptolemus