UDP and restaurant reservations

dng6325

Hi all,

I have picked UDP as part of the Freestyle Choice offer, and I was wondering if I may make advance reservations (and if possible, how far in advance) to the specialty restaurants. This is my first time cruising with NCL. I just could not pass up on the great offer over the week-end!

Thank you!

Hi all,

I have picked UDP as part of the Freestyle Choice offer, and I was wondering if I may make advance reservations (and if possible, how far in advance) to the specialty restaurants. This is my first time cruising with NCL. I just could not pass up on the great offer over the week-end!

Thank you!

You may make reservations for dining as soon as it's available to you online (I think 45 days out???) if you wish on ncl.com.

Or, once on board, you can make them at the reservation desk for the week (assuming its a week long cruise).

Thank you!

We won't be sailing until August, so I'll have to check NCL's website closer to the date. My TA told me this morning that because I received UDP free as part of the freestyle choice offer, I will only be able to book specialty dining once on board. I was hoping she was wrong...

Thank you!

We won't be sailing until August, so I'll have to check NCL's website closer to the date. My TA told me this morning that because I received UDP free as part of the freestyle choice offer, I will only be able to book specialty dining once on board. I was hoping she was wrong...

She was wrong. I have the package and every night is already booked.

Thank you!

We also received Free UDP for our December cruise. First time getting the UDP. :)

Our Personal Cruise Consultant said we can book online. We are planning to book as soon as it is available online. :)

First thing, NOT all reservations are given out prior to sailing.

There WILL be reservations available onboard, although I've no idea what percentage can be filled in advance, and what percentage are held for "onboard".

But to maximize the chances that you'll get the evening that you want and approximately the time that you want, for each restaurant, if you haven't booked in advance, then please do so shortly after boarding.

Once you've got those reservations, you can ask for changes if you realize there is a show you'll want to get to, or you'll be returning from shore later, etc.

And then enjoy the meals :)

Don't forget, the entrees that "cost extra" DO NOT cost extra when you have the UDP. (We did this last month, at Le Bistro - yum.)

And I also had two entrees at Le Bistro one night, and again, no extra charge. (But if we understand correctly, this would get an extra charge at Cagney's, but not elsewhere.)

GeezerCouple

Thank you!

Personally, I'd be a little leery of a travel agent who gives you blatantly false info. Who knows what other wrong info he/she has given you?

Personally, I'd be a little leery of a travel agent who gives you blatantly false info. Who knows what other wrong info he/she has given you?

Yeah. I'm not particularly impressed with this TA. I usually deal with another TA from same company, but he was out of the country. I was just glad I got a hold of someone else to grab the awesome deal NCL had last Saturday.

Again, thank you for all the responses! I will be ready to book when it becomes available!

• 1 month later...

We are on a very port intensive cruise (spirit may 31 to the med)

If we don't make a dinner because we are exhausted from touring all day, will we be charged for not canceling 24 hrs in advance?

Also, I made reservations for 4 so my elderly parents would not have to try to figure it out. They are in a different room. Will they charge based on the reservation or take ship cards at dinner? We all have the dining package.

Thank you

Jill