Platinum, UBP, UDP and the free Le Bistro dinner and wine?

Copper_beeches

I think read that if you're platinum and have the UDP you can get a $20 credit, but is it something that you could save for a different cruise instead? Seems like it's more valuable to have on a cruise where you don't have the packages so it would be dinner for two with wine...

Has anyone done of asked about this? Or is the cert only good on the particular cruise?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think read that if you're platinum and have the UDP you can get a $20 credit, but is it something that you could save for a different cruise instead? Seems like it's more valuable to have on a cruise where you don't have the packages so it would be dinner for two with wine...

Has anyone done of asked about this? Or is the cert only good on the particular cruise?

I'm not aware of it being a credit you receive. You just pay less for the UDP in the first place, so there is nothing to carry over.

Are you talking about if you get the UDP as a promo? I've not read about any credits, but maybe I've missed it.

Seems like it's more valuable to have on a cruise where you don't have the packages so it would be dinner for two with wine...
It's more valuable if you use it while you have the UDP to eat at an à la carte restaurant (sushi, Ocean Blue, etc.). With the 20% discount your $20 credit is worth $25 :p

Or use it to pay for part of an FCR for your next cruise. Then it will be worth $33.33!

Hmm, I could swear I read that someone had gotten a $20 credit in lieu of their free Le bistro meal... Maybe I'm dreaming :)

I think it may just be a misinterpretation. If I look at myncl for a 7 day cruise, I can buy the UDP for $99 rather than the usual price for $119 (I think those amounts are correct, I've never actually bought it so may have them wrong). It is a discount, but it's taken off the purchase price.

Maybe some people have got a credit back if they bought the UDP and then qualified for Platinum after purchasing. I'm just guessing.

• 4 weeks later...
i just got off the gem( had ubp and udp) and all they give me, not that it matter, was a bottle of wine... I don't think you can carry it over to other cruises... It would be nice if they give more obc... :):):)

did not know how to get you bill sent two emails and u have fb private msgs.i need date asap on you and cathy september cruise please and studio cabin #'s. It's my last cruise i cant afford anymore plus not well so looking fwd going with my adopted bro and sis. U said i may join both u. Please read my fb private msgs send date of september cruise cabin numbers there u have emails but fb msgs explaine more going on.i came home very ill from our january cruise still ill. Sorry to write here but been on breakaway twice steve never got off ship i know rosie from fire and ice singer my friend but never had fun off ship he borung. It's my last cruise bill i like to sgare with u and cathy. Give her my love, love you be safe .... But get back asap my cell # on fb msg if u text i need info so i can do this last cruise have blast i won't see u guys after this cruise for long time so please answer here, email text or fb private msgs. Sorry had bother u here hope u get this. Love ya be safe your adopted sis rosemary (ro, rose)

If you buy the UDP you get the $20 off the price to cover your dinner

Remember there is a still a guest dinner on the voucher so you can take someone and get the bottle of wine.

As many travel as couples and are both Platinum if you both buy the UDP then you need to find someone else, treat another couple maybe.

Now if you get the UDP free there is no credit(I checked that this was the case there will be no credit) so you still have a voucher for two.

We gave ours away to people that were not platinum and booked pre choice. We had UBP as well(EU cruise) so did not need the bottle of wine.

Hmm, I could swear I read that someone had gotten a $20 credit in lieu of their free Le bistro meal... Maybe I'm dreaming :)

I am actually one of the persons who received the credit of $20 p.p. for my DH and myself (it was added as OBC to our onboard account), on our last cruise in October, but that was only because we purchased the UDP so early that it was before they made the automatic deduction online (a few weeks after we purchased it, they changed the booking system on NCL so that if you are Platinum, the price for the UDP that shows on your ncl account already has the $20 deducted). We still received two bottles of wine (one each) at Le Bistro.

Edited by TrumpyNor