Slated Opening Date for Gastrobar and Slush

Ncsblj6430

Gastrobar was pretty cool. Was on the Equinox this past summer and it was World Cup central on the boat. I thought Slush would be cooler but it's just a little hut by the pool deck and the drinks were good but not that exceptional. Probably just my preferences though as I saw many walking around with drinks from Slush.

We tried hard to hang out and eat at the Gastopub early last December on Equinox. However, the food area was always empty so didn't look inviting.

The bar was packed during a football game (couldn't get a seat/understood). However, when we stopped by severa lother times, the bartenders were really unfriendly and the bar usually had just two people sitting there.

Hoping things change during our next Equinox cruise.

the bartenders were really unfriendly and the bar usually had just two people sitting there.

Hoping things change during our next Equinox cruise.

We had the same experience on the 11 day cruise in Nov.

IMHO, after talking to a couple of the bartenders, Celebrity HR made a poor choice in the hiring. All the bartenders were working in or at bars.

They thought they would see the world and party. Not used to working hard at all.

We had the same experience on the 11 day cruise in Nov.

IMHO, after talking to a couple of the bartenders, Celebrity HR made a poor choice in the hiring. All the bartenders were working in or at bars.

They thought they would see the world and party. Not used to working hard at all.

I'm sorry if I don't understand what you mean,"All the bartenders were working in or at bars". isn't that where bartenders work ? Do you expect them in the laundry or the gift shops.

As to friendliness,I've found a smile and the double secret hand shake has always worked for me.

I personally am excited to see the Gastrobar - it's definitely the kind of scene my friend's and I enjoy home. The one thing I could see being an issue is the price of the Tapas (small plates) there, from the menus that I have seen it looks a little pricey...why would you spend that much for one thing when you can go to Bistro or Porch for only $7? I believe I am correct in assuming that the drinks there are included with the correlating Beverage Packages....that would definitely turn me off if they weren't. :cool:

I'm sorry if I don't understand what you mean,"All the bartenders were working in or at bars". isn't that where bartenders work ? Do you expect them in the laundry or the gift shops.

As to friendliness,I've found a smile and the double secret hand shake has always worked for me.

After 25 years of cruises we know the drill. :rolleyes: The people that Celebrity hired specifically for the GastroBar are college types that have not gotten a job in their field, and had been working the disco and club sceen till something came up. You will have to experience it I guess, to fully understand the sour attitude. They are nothing like the 'puttin on a show' bartenders at the Martini Bar from the far East.

3 said they were not coming back when their contract was over. They would have been better suited to do laundry.

After 25 years of cruises we know the drill. :rolleyes: The people that Celebrity hired specifically for the GastroBar are college types that have not gotten a job in their field, and had been working the disco and club sceen till something came up. You will have to experience it I guess, to fully understand the sour attitude. They are nothing like the 'puttin on a show' bartenders at the Martini Bar from the far East.

3 said they were not coming back when their contract was over. They would have been better suited to do laundry.

Ah. Now I understand what you meant. There were no experienced bartenders left to work the gastrobar since they were already working elsewhere, so they used new,inexperienced ones.

I was on the Equinox in January and found the bartenders at that time to be warm,friendly and engaging,almost to a fault.Maybe you caught them on a bad hair day...we all have them.

Ah. Now I understand what you meant. There were no experienced bartenders left to work the gastrobar since they were already working elsewhere, so they used new,inexperienced ones.

I was on the Equinox in January and found the bartenders at that time to be warm,friendly and engaging,almost to a fault.Maybe you caught them on a bad hair day...we all have them.

We were on the Equinox for the 11 day just after the TA. But to have a bad hair day for 11 days:eek: They did not know how to describe the differences in the beer styles when someone new to the craft sceen asked. Then would get all put out if someone tried to describe the beer.

Oh well, we are back on the Equinox again this yr, so we shall see.