Older Passages Question

geospyder

We are looking to book a cruise with an older Passages (2013) certificate. What happens if sometime prior to the final payment we decide to cancel the booking - will we lose the Passages or will it be returned so that we can use it on another cruise later? Hope that made sense :)

You should be able to re-use it by transferring it to a new cruise when you cancel the first.

We used one from 2013 to book a TransA, but when our plans changed, picked another sailing (Caribbean) before calling our travel agency to cancel. Switched very easily, with the same booking number retained.

We were allowed to combine it with a beverage promo in effect at the time, and also received a good OBC.

The X website now has some language about using old Open Passages certs.

As others stated do not tell your TA to cancel the booked cruise as you will loose the certificate and money paid for it.

You need to transfer it to another cruise. Whenever I do that I pick one that I may want far off in the future and then if something else appeals to me I may transfer it to that cruise.

One thing to consider is that some TAs charge $50 per any change in reservations and that imcludes transferring and applying for any new promos or price reductions. I avoid those TAs. If your TA charges arrange to transfer the certificate to another TA if possible and let them know the reason why.

If your TA charges it may be best to just cancel and lose the money up front instead of keep feeding them.

happy cruising 🌊🇺🇸🌞🚢

I had one from 2011 and was able to use it for a cruise I took on the Eclipse last September. Probably booked that cruise around this time last February. Gave me 1-2-3 Perk also. It kind of surprised me because previous bookings after bookings they only gave me the or option of using the open passage or the perk offered at the time. Perk was always better then the open passage.

Call Celebrity or your TA and see if they can do something on a future cruise.

Edited by Banjo