royal suite on the summit

munch122

Hi Everyone,

WE are booked on summit 5/10/15 to Bermuda our first time in a royal suite. This will be my mothers 90Th birthday cruise she gets the bedroom we get the couch. Everyone should travel in style at least once in your life. MY question is is there a problem with sewage smell with this suite I read it somewhere and now I can not find it. Our first cruise we had sky suite 6146 on the connie and we had this smell when we were in port. Since we are in port for 3 days this could get really bad. I do not want to spend 3 days smelling sewage. If anyone knows if there is a better number to pick than 6138 there are still two rs left 6137 and 6142. I choose 6138 because it was closer to elevator for mom. Any info would be great I really want to make this a special trip for her. I read you never know which side is better because it changes from cruise to cruise but if anyone has insight mom wants to look at the island rather than the ocean while in Bermuda.

THANKS IN ADVANCE

SHERI

What a wonderful way to celebrate your Mother's birthday. :)

We will be on your cruise in a RS too. I have not read about any smells on the Summit, specifically, though I have read that this had been a problem on another M-Class ship (Millennium?). Hope you will join us on the Roll Call. Look forward to meeting you on board.

We had some smells when we were on Millenium in 6140. I think it is the starboard (even side) but further back. We sailed in 6141 on Summit no smell, and are booked in April in 6142 and really hope we have no issues. I would book further forward or on the port (odd side) if possible. This being said I doubt we'll have a problem. If you come back here and remind me in mid April, I'll report back.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We had some smells when we were on Millenium in 6140. I think it is the starboard (even side) but further back. We sailed in 6141 on Summit no smell, and are booked in April in 6142 and really hope we have no issues. I would book further forward or on the port (odd side) if possible. This being said I doubt we'll have a problem. If you come back here and remind me in mid April, I'll report back.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna,

In your expert opinion you think the port side royal suites are better? Could you please explain why. Is it the smell issue I see you were on the port (odd) side with no smell or is it because of the views in New York and Bermuda? I will remind you in April for a update thanks for offering.

sheri

Hi Jenna,

In your expert opinion you think the port side royal suites are better? Could you please explain why. Is it the smell issue I see you were on the port (odd) side with no smell or is it because of the views in New York and Bermuda? I will remind you in April for a update thanks for offering.

sheri

I don't know about expert, but I know this:

We had a smell on starboard side on Millennium, and I saw someone else report the same thing on Connie, starboard side, as well as other Millennium reports. We've sailed port side on Summit with no issue. So my recommendation was based on the composite of these facts.

We have another starboard side booking coming up in less than 2 months, but it was made before we had the issue on Millennium. I am guessing it was just the one ship, that they've fixed Connie, and hopefully Millennium now too and I am hoping that it was never an issue on Summit at all.

Far from expert, that's just what I know.

Happy sailing,

Jenna