NCL Kids Program details

alexsma

The Kid's Club runs pretty much all day. On embarkation day you sign him up and then when you want to drop him off you sign him in. They close for breaks around lunch and around dinner.

If you search Splash Academy you should find tons of info.

The first post in this thread includes a great example. It's the full 7-day schedule for the 3-5 year age group on a Mexican Riviera cruise. You may have to download the pdf first to open it.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2013796

You'll see that some of the activities are port-themed but my understanding is that the rest are pretty consistent.

How does the kids program work? My son will be 4 when we cruise, we were wondering hours and details. I'm not finding lots of details online.

Thanks in advance!!

Our great granddaughter cruised the first time at 4 and almost lived in the kids club. She didn't even eat dinner with us. She loved every minute she was there. Just register your son as soon as you board the ship. The only time we saw our gg daughter was when we were doing shore excursions and at night time, just to sleep.

Be sure to register everyone who will have pickup and drop-off privileges. They need to be there in person to sign the papers.

On Jewel I witnessed a father denied being able to pickup his daughter because he was not on the list. He caused a big scene and security had to be called.

How does the kids program work? My son will be 4 when we cruise, we were wondering hours and details. I'm not finding lots of details online.

Thanks in advance!!

Just register your son as soon as you board the ship. You can also visit during the open house schedule to see the facilities. They close for breaks around lunch and dinner.

Here is an example. It's the 7-day schedule for the 3-5 year age group on a Breakaway-Bermuda cruise.

10665105_866904933320786_1200097074171673943_n.jpg?oh=52b113ea7d05385fc0dec64253e4d48d&oe=55504F2F&__gda__=1431893061_d9d00ae4e6a56fe84a1e4127c6bd65a5

10696249_866905029987443_8236056219751303738_n.jpg?oh=8dbed240a001cc0c1553caf478e8b4db&oe=5563FBCF

Thanks in advance!!

Register him during the open house the first sea day. That is the one and only time the entire trip that adults are allowed into the club, so it's your only chance to check it out.

Be sure to register everyone who will have pickup and drop-off privileges. They need to be there in person to sign the papers.

On Jewel I witnessed a father denied being able to pickup his daughter because he was not on the list. He caused a big scene and security had to be called.

Oh my, thanks for the heads up!

Splash Academy is closed for a couple hours at lunch and dinner times, but otherwise open all day. They do a really nice job -- our son liked the club at 3 and LOVED it at 5.

BTW, I suggest heading over to the Family Cruising board. There are a TON of great tips on cruising with kids over there!

The kids club is WONDERFUL. My daughter always begs to go and cries to leave and can't wait to get back even though I insist on her spending some time with us.

HOWEVER, I have to mention something...a correction. They are not open all day. They use to be, but not anymore. This is due to people were dropping their children off and not picking them up until they closed at 10:30pm. What does this mean? It means they didn't come back to get their child to feed them lunch or dinner. :eek: This was going on a lot and they decided to adopt new rules and now they close between 12-2 and 5-7pm (I think are the times) in order for everyone to pick up their children to feed them. I HATE this new rule and think it stinks because we are not on this schedule. We are "late" people. So at 12-2 we are not eating lunch because we eat a late breakfast and are still full. We usually don't eat lunch until around 3:30-4pm. We usually don't eat dinner until around 9-10 and sometimes even later. :o So this means that we are pretty much forced to have her out at times that are not convenient for us. Thanks to those parents that created this new rule. :(

If we want three adult family members to have privileges, do all three have to come and sign things in person or do we just need one person to give all three names?

If we want three adult family members to have privileges, do all three have to come and sign things in person or do we just need one person to give all three names?

They all need to sign and they all must have their key card and the childs key card if they are picking them up or dropping them off. :)

Also, (maybe someone will chime in with exact details). I think I remember with my granddaughter on the Jewel to Alaska ...... after a certain time at night, there is a charge for your child being at The Kids Club. It was at a late hour when the charge kicked in.

Also, (maybe someone will chime in with exact details). I think I remember with my granddaughter on the Jewel to Alaska ...... after a certain time at night, there is a charge for your child being at The Kids Club. It was at a late hour when the charge kicked in.

At 10:30 they start charging extra and it's something you have to sign up for ahead of time that day. It's a $6/hr charge and they are open until 1:30am I believe. :)

They all need to sign and they all must have their key card and the childs key card if they are picking them up or dropping them off. :)

That is really good to know. Some additional coordinating will need to be planned for. Especially the part about making sure the right person has the key card.