Just booked first NCL cruise...in a suite!

Meghuneyntyson

I'm so excited, I can barely stand it. :D The cruise isn't until 2016, lol, but I'm still SO looking forward to it.

I did my first cruise in December of last year on a Carnival ship and really enjoyed it. Less than a month after getting back, I booked ANOTHER longer Carnival cruise for later this year. Then I decided to see what the other cruise lines are like. The perks for booking suites on NCL looked unbeatable so I booked a SJ for the week of my birthday in 2016.

If anyone has any tips or things for me to look forward to, I would be glad to hear them. I'm leaving from New Orleans on a Western Caribbean.

Be prepared... There's no going back once you sample "Suite" life!

Just returned yesterday from Getaway Aft Penthouse 12904 Haven!! Our first time NCL and NCL Suite Life. HAVEN is fantastic and there will be no going back when we cruise NCL. What a return on investmen!! :)

Just returned yesterday from Getaway Aft Penthouse 12904 Haven!! Our first time NCL and NCL Suite Life. HAVEN is fantastic and there will be no going back when we cruise NCL. What a return on investmen!! :)

We booked the aft PH also for Jan 2016 on the Getaway. We can't wait!

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine cruising Haven-style! I'm thinking I can do that perhaps in 2017.

I must admit that I'm confused as to why Carnival doesn't have extra perks for their suite guests. With NCL having the suite perks that they do, I can't imagine ever cruising in a suite with Carnival. And honestly, the prices aren't all that different, which was surprising to me.

For instance, the same cruise in a balcony on Carnival was $1250 per person. On NCL, it was $1099. :eek: :confused:

Oh my goodness, I can't imagine cruising Haven-style! I'm thinking I can do that perhaps in 2017.

I must admit that I'm confused as to why Carnival doesn't have extra perks for their suite guests. With NCL having the suite perks that they do, I can't imagine ever cruising in a suite with Carnival. And honestly, the prices aren't all that different, which was surprising to me.

For instance, the same cruise in a balcony on Carnival was $1250 per person. On NCL, it was $1099. :eek: :confused:

I think we have found a new Suite Life with the HAVEN. We are loyal to Celebrity and RCCL suites, but what is provided in the NCL HAVEN far beats them! The cost also is so much lower. Save the nickle and dimes and book that HAVEN suite. You will so enjoy the perks! Enjoy your Suite.

I'm not loyal to any cruise line -- IMO loyalty is for family members, God, and country, but that's a topic for another day!:)

I had five consecutive cruises in Carnival suites, before I was surfing the internet one day and found an Owner's Suite on the Mariner of the Seas on the same date...for less, and it included perks. After some research, I discovered that often Carnival's suites are just as much as the competition, but you really need to know what you're getting.

Right now, I have four cruises booked...three are in suites on three different lines, and the fourth is a Celebrity Aqua Class cabin which we really like for the dedicated restaurant, BLU. Our first Norwegian cruise isn't until November of 2016, but we're already looking forward to experiencing the perks!

By the way, don't ever bring up the topic of suite perks on the Carnival board or on John Heald's FB page...I've done that, and the result wasn't pretty!:rolleyes:

The NCL suites are horrible, they should not be sold without a warning.

We did a 2 bedroom on the Jade pre Christmas.

Upon returning we booked 2 insides for a cheap cruise to Bermuda in October on the BA, We then changed that to aft balconies when the 3 for promotion came out and we took the dining plan.

Then i upgraded to one Rear penthouse aft haven balcony when the KSF and the get all three promos came into effect.

The haven is horrible addiction that is so frickin awesome, so much for my cheap Bermuda cruise

The NCL suites are horrible, they should not be sold without a warning.

We did a 2 bedroom on the Jade pre Christmas.

Upon returning we booked 2 insides for a cheap cruise to Bermuda in October on the BA, We then changed that to aft balconies when the 3 for promotion came out and we took the dining plan.

Then i upgraded to one Rear penthouse aft haven balcony when the KSF and the get all three promos came into effect.

The haven is horrible addiction that is so frickin awesome, so much for my cheap Bermuda cruise

Haha you got suckered in too! I love it.

And this current promotion is what forced my hand on booking. I did the math. Had I booked a balcony and then paid for the ultimate dining and ultimate beverage, it would have equaled a suite anyway. This way, I'm getting both packages AND OBC AND the perks that come with a suite. I'd be crazy not to book it, IMO.

We did a 12 night repo cruise on the Dawn in a 2 bedroom family suite cut was a free upgrade from an aft penthouse when prices dropped. We became completely addicted to the suite life. It if far and away a much nicer experience then a non-suite cruise. I tell myself I will cruise without a suite again, but my next 2 cruises are in an aft penthouse and another 2 bedroom suite :D

Thanks so much for your responses! I'm sorry, I thought I mentioned that I was going to be going on the Norwegian Dawn the week of my birthday! :p

We just sailed the Dawn in a suite. You are going to love it. We have already booked another Dawn cruise in a suite. For us the saying of not being able to go back once you experience the suite life is true.

The Dawn is a great ship and so is her crew.

My sister and I are booking a mini-suite on the Norwegian Jewel to Alaska in July 2015. The highest we've ever gone has been a verandah cabin on any cruise line.

Before finalizing our reservations, though, I'd like an opinion regarding best position in the ship - port, starboard, forward or aft - is most desirable (and why.) Keep in mind, we are going to Alaska in July, so want the best scenery views possible (for a mini-suite.)

We sailed on the Dawn last October in an SJ. Many wonder if they will miss the balcony. It wasn't a problem. There is plenty of sunspace one deck above you.

The service was fantastic. Squeeze every perk for all it's worth.

I have a cruise scheduled on the Pearl. Alas, no suite. I am missing the perks already.

We have sailed many times on NCL and sailed on the Dawn in an SJ in Feb 2013. It was by far our favorite cabin! My DH would love to only sail in that category but I am far too cheap. We brought all the kids that particular cruise so it was worth the cost for a great last family vacation. The room and bathroom were fantastic and Jennifer, our Butler, was the best. My youngest DS and his girlfriend ordered their dinners from whatever restaurant and had it served in the cabin. We also had friends over one night and ordered drinks and burgers to be delivered from the Blue Lagoon. Your Butler can do so much to spoil you. Just be sure to tip them appropriately! Have fun!

I am booked on NCL Star next February (2016) & this is my first time upgrading to a suite!

I was on RCCI Grandeur of the seas last year & had a "Mini-suite" which really was just a upgraded Balcony. I had my 14 year old daughter with me so it did become cramped - especially when she slept in some days intil 1pm!

I look forward to the SG suite I'm getting & I have a feeling I'll get hooked on the "Sweet" life as well :)

Va. Plumber, that actually was one of my unspoken concerns. I had a balcony on my very first cruise ever. I had gotten a scenic oceanview on the 7 day with Carnival later this year. I couldn't stand the idea of no balcony and decided to upgrade to a balcony two weeks ago, lol.

In the back of my mind I'm wondering if I will miss the balcony. But if I start, I will just order something special from room service that only suites can get and stuff my face. :D

I, too booked my first Haven few months ago. I booked Escape. Sailing on Dec 5th. My first suite EVER on a cruise! I received a postcard from NCL after a few weeks. Welcoming to Haven! ;) I can't believe i booked it. The price was so good and i can't pass it out.

I have looked into all these new promos that including specialty restaurants and drinks. My initial price is still much cheaper than currently price. Over $1k cheaper. Plus, i'm getting $700 OBC. I think I will just pay for my UDP. :D

My sister and I are booking a mini-suite on the Norwegian Jewel to Alaska in July 2015. The highest we've ever gone has been a verandah cabin on any cruise line.

Before finalizing our reservations, though, I'd like an opinion regarding best position in the ship - port, starboard, forward or aft - is most desirable (and why.) Keep in mind, we are going to Alaska in July, so want the best scenery views possible (for a mini-suite.)

I can't help with the Alaska portion of your question. However if you booked a mini suite for any of the suite perks, unfortunately there are none. If you booked it for more space, there is a little. It is simply a regular cabin with a little more square footage.

If you want the suite perks you need to splurge for a suite, not mini.