Chankanaab - Dolphin Encounter

LuckyCop

Hi-I just tried reserving the Dolphin Encounter on a website recommended here on CC. When they realized I am cruising with Carnival they were unable to assist me--stating they have a contract with Carnival that prohibits them from booking for me, and I have to book directly with Carnival. I am considering calling them again and telling them I am staying in a local hotel. Think that would work? We plan to take a taxi from the port. We have a 3 and 5 year old. Thanks!!

Hi-I just tried reserving the Dolphin Encounter on a website recommended here on CC. When they realized I am cruising with Carnival they were unable to assist me--stating they have a contract with Carnival that prohibits them from booking for me, and I have to book directly with Carnival. I am considering calling them again and telling them I am staying in a local hotel. Think that would work? We plan to take a taxi from the port. We have a 3 and 5 year old. Thanks!!

Many people do just that. I know when we swam with the dolphins in Nassau, we wanted the earlier time than the cruise ship tour. I told them we were staying locally and it wasn't a problem. They didn't verify anything. The price difference was only about $10 less so that wasn't really a motivating factor. It was all about timing for me.

That said, for our upcoming cruise to Cozumel, we have reserved the ship's excursion to swim with the dolphins in Chankannaab. The price difference was negligible and time worked perfect for me. Logistically, while very easy jump in a cab, it seems to make it a little less stress. We won't have to worry about paying the cab, then paying the entrance fee, then paying for the dolphin swim. It will all be included. I guess I'll see in a few weeks if that was the right decision.

Is it only Carnival that does that? We're on Royal Caribbean and the park itself has decent discounts for kids that Royal doesn't pass onto the customer, so it's definitely cheaper for us to book directly.

I believe that Carnival is the only ones that has the contract with Chankanaab. They are the only cruise line you see mentioned on here with that issue. :)

• 2 weeks later...