St John champagne catamaran snorkel excursion?

We've done this excursion 3 times, it's just that good! There are vehicles waiting to drive you to the marina, maybe 20 minutes or so away. You take a beautiful catamaran ride over to Honeymoon Beach, where the catamaran anchors about 75 yards off the beach. You can snorkel right off the cat, swim into the beach or they will take you to the beach in a dingy. The snorkeling is good, with rays, turtles and some fish, and the beach is powdery soft, white sand. The crew is exceptional. They really take great care of you, serve you (after snorkeling and swimming) a variety of alcoholic beverages, sodas, water, cheeses, fruit and bread. The sail back to the marina is very informative, with the crew pointing out houses and giving lots of information. This is something we'd do again and again. Very relaxing and so much fun. St. John is absolutely beautiful, and this is a great way to enjoy it!

Does anyone know if this excursion is offered through Norwegian? I am sailing on the Getaway next week and can't seem to find it. Can I book this excursion directly with them? Does anyone have a direct website to book or for more info?

thank you

I am sailing on the Getaway on 2/28 and just booked this excursion through NCL's website yesterday. It is actually the first shore excursion that shows on my NCL page.

Does anyone know if this excursion is offered through Norwegian? I am sailing on the Getaway next week and can't seem to find it. Can I book this excursion directly with them? Does anyone have a direct website to book or for more info?

thank you

If you don't see it, it may be sold out. I'd check at the shore excursion desk as soon as you get on board. It's such a great excursion!!!! :)

It really is THAT good! We sail the NCL Getaway in 2 weeks and booked it directly after booking the cruise! It will be our 5th time in this excursion. If you do not see it in the NCL website it is sold out. My friend is joining us for this cruise and she booked later than we did and she cannot get on it. We plan to make a bee line to shore excursions as soon as we get on the ship to get her on the wait list. I am keeping all my fingers crossed that a spot opens up for her as its her first cruise and thus excursion it's just magical!

• 3 months later...

I looked into booking this through Carnival. But it says that they only stop for swimming/snorkeling for 1 1/2 hours? That doesn't seem like very much time to me. Also we will have two kids (ages 7 and 11). Will they be able to swim to shore from where the catamaran docks?

I looked into booking this through Carnival. But it says that they only stop for swimming/snorkeling for 1 1/2 hours? That doesn't seem like very much time to me. Also we will have two kids (ages 7 and 11). Will they be able to swim to shore from where the catamaran docks?

They'll take any who don't wish to swim from where they anchor to the beach in a dinghy.

It's an extremely good excursion. :)

LuLu

Thanks! How long does the catamaran stay docked? 1 1/2 hours seems too short (especially when we're in St. Thomas from 8am to 4pm)

Also what about food? Should I bring snacks and water for the kids?

There will be water on the excursion for them at all times (various non-alcohol drinks also) and snacks on the return. No Problem! :)

LuLu

• 1 month later...
Does anyone know if you can just stay on the catamaran for the entire excursion or do you have to get off when they stop for the snorkel beach.

Yes you certainly can stay on the catamaran if you please. Some take it just for the "sail". :)

It's one of the things we like best about this excursion: The option to snorkel, go to the beach, or simply stay on the catamaran. :D

LuLu

Yes you certainly can stay on the catamaran if you please. Some take it just for the "sail". :)

It's one of the things we like best about this excursion: The option to snorkel, go to the beach, or simply stay on the catamaran. :D

LuLu

Thank-you :D for the super quick response...my mom loves the sail but has some health issues that cause her to get short of breath with little activity so the sail and staying on board is perfect for her...thanks again.

Denise

We have been on this excursion and a few other catamaran tours out of St Thomas, most on NCL.

If you want 10-12 people, take a private one.

I would say that there are about 40-45 people on the catamaran and it never seems crowded to me, plenty of room to move around.

Crews area always very friendly and helpful, they love what they do.

I would recommend this one or the one that says Stars and Stripes on the side of the boat, it is a two stop snorkel tour.

janymac:p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When we did this excursion snorkel and beach time was about an hour total. the bar did not open until you are heading back and sails are up. Bar time was pretty short. We enjoyed this excursion but would have liked more beach time.:cool: