Query regarding My Time Dining

laurenpie

Hello,

I am hoping that somebody could explain My Time Dining to me...

To me, this concept was similar to what was done on Carnival, whereas you just go to the MDR whenever you chose - if need be, they gave you a buzzer and you would go back when a table was ready.

From what I have read, I am thinking that is not the case for Royal Caribbean. Do I need to book in a time for dinner each night on our cruise planner on the RC website?
OR, if I didn't want a set dining time each night - are we able to go to the MDR whenever we choose, and wait for a table?

I have noticed on some documentation that RC have sent us that it has us at wait listed, but we haven't requested a set time..

Thank you :) Edited by laurenpie

I wish RCI did have the buzzers. We experienced those on both Princess and Celebrity. Show up. Get your buzzer. Go relax in the nearest bar with good pre-dinner music and a cocktail. Show up when your table was ready.

The few times we had to wait on Allure (our only prior experience with RCI) were not as pleasant as that.

Actually they did have the buzzers this week on enchantment. They showed them to us. But we never had to use one, nor did we ever make a reservation . The most we had to wait for our table was 5 minutes.

[quote name='banderboo']Question....if you have a dining time assigned but decide that one night you aren't ready for dinner or are extremely hunger before your assigned time, cna you go over to the My Time Dining Room?[/QUOTE]

[SIZE="4"]No. Once you have selected your dining you are locked into that choice. You can eat a snack to tied you over until your assigned time or you can select a different dining venue if you wish to eat later.[/SIZE]

[quote name='banderboo']Question....if you have a dining time assigned but decide that one night you aren't ready for dinner or are extremely hunger before your assigned time, cna you go over to the My Time Dining Room?[/QUOTE]

I've used MTD on all of my cruises. I frequently would show up early and we were usually seated quickly. Sometimes showing up early you have to wait. If I wanted to do later, I called. This is only polite since they are holding a table empty for you otherwise.