Trike Bikes Aruba Question

J and J

Has anyone been on this tour? My husband knows how to drive manual shift but it's been years since he had to do it. Was wondering if these bikes are pretty easy to operate if you don't drive manual on a normal basis.

Has anyone been on this tour? My husband knows how to drive manual shift but it's been years since he had to do it. Was wondering if these bikes are pretty easy to operate if you don't drive manual on a normal basis.

My husband found it very easy after 20 years of not driving a manual. They will show him about the trike and take him around the block. Its great fun! :D

• 1 month later...

We did this tour last October and we had a group of 5 trikes plus the guide in our group. I just wanted to say that we were at the back of the group because my husband had the most experience. It was a great place to be but what I wanted to share was how the guide kept the group together when traffic lights separated us. This happened twice while on our tour and we made the turn and there the group was pulled over to the side of road waiting for us. They were alot of fun, we drove all over the place and saw alot of the highlights. You will love the tour!

We were in Aruba on March 13 and did the tour with Trikes Aruba and it was incredible! Our group had all 5 of the trikes and we had the best time ever! The guides are very patient in showing you how to drive and each driver takes a test drive before you leave. Two in our group were not confident of driving on their own, so two guides drove them - it was amazing!

This was truly one of the best excursions we have ever done. Trikes Aruba is wonderful to work with and so much fun. Would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Aruba!

You will love it!

• 2 weeks later...
We were in Aruba on March 13 and did the tour with Trikes Aruba and it was incredible! Our group had all 5 of the trikes and we had the best time ever! The guides are very patient in showing you how to drive and each driver takes a test drive before you leave. Two in our group were not confident of driving on their own, so two guides drove them - it was amazing!

This was truly one of the best excursions we have ever done. Trikes Aruba is wonderful to work with and so much fun. Would highly recommend this to anyone visiting Aruba!

You will love it!

Is it OK to post the rates paid? We are considering this as our excursion for Aruba!

Edited by eponym

Can these tour be customized? Or do the guides take you to certain places?

You may be able to customize your tour if your group is the only ones taking the tour, but otherwise, they have a set course they follow. Please note that they do NOT go to the church even though it is on their web site. We took the tour this past March (2015) and we did not go to the church. When I asked about it they told me they stopped going there about a year ago as it gets too crowded. If you want to go there - ask before booking. Maybe you can get them to stop there. We were disappointed. We were also back at the dock before noon - so our tour was a little shorter (maybe quicker) than what is listed on their website. We did have a good time. Not "exciting", but fun.

You may be able to customize your tour if your group is the only ones taking the tour, but otherwise, they have a set course they follow. Please note that they do NOT go to the church even though it is on their web site. We took the tour this past March (2015) and we did not go to the church. When I asked about it they told me they stopped going there about a year ago as it gets too crowded. If you want to go there - ask before booking. Maybe you can get them to stop there. We were disappointed. We were also back at the dock before noon - so our tour was a little shorter (maybe quicker) than what is listed on their website. We did have a good time. Not "exciting", but fun.

Thank you!!! I'll email them when we get closer to cruising if we decide this is something we'd like to do! Yes, we would be using all the trikes if we did this tour so I'd make sure I reserved them way in advance! Thanks again

Can someone tell me where we will be picked up upon cruise ship arrival? My confirmation states at the front by the main road, but I have never docked in Aruba. Do they pick you up in a "marked" vehicle? Thanks for the help!

Can someone tell me where we will be picked up upon cruise ship arrival? My confirmation states at the front by the main road, but I have never docked in Aruba. Do they pick you up in a "marked" vehicle? Thanks for the help!

My confirmation e-mail stated they would meet us near the cruise port entrance close to the passing road. Hopefully, they will have a sign or other means to be clearly identified.

• 2 weeks later...

We just did this tour last week. It is fantastic. The email said they would meet us at the end of the pier. Once we got to the end of the pier and walked through a gate. I noticed a sign that had my name on it along with a few other names. They are very nice and helpful. They take you on a short drive around the block to show you how to drive these. They make sure you are comfortable with driving. We had 2 ladies in our group. The one used to drive a stick about 30 years ago. She did not do well on the short drive so one of the staff became the driver for them. I thought that was awesome. Also make sure to put sunscreen on. I don't know if anyone else in our group tipped them, but we decided to give them a tip. Just thought I would share a few extra tips to help you out. Have fun.

• 1 month later...