Wow! That was fast Carnival!

Martini Mom

Really???? I Just did one wednesday and got an email that they received but nothing has changed yet...mine was already paid so Im supposed to get OBC...

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Forums mobile app

Same here!

I plan on calling tomorrow. Even though the rate is still available, I screen shot it the night I submitted just in case

Awesome! The same happened when I did it a few months ago. I tried to do it again last week since there was another price drop but I've gotten nothing yet. No approval or denial or even confirmation that it was received. I'm guessing I'll have to call them?

I just checked the current rate for my cruise (I have an Early Saver booking) and submitted my first ever price protection form. No kidding, they responded with my approval and amended bill in about 15 minutes or less!! Way to go Carnival! :D

Congrats! Mine always go up after booking! I think I've only gotten price drops on 2 cruises.

Ok, could someone take me through this process like a kindergarten-er? lol

How do you keep an eye on what your cruise would cost and that?

and how do i see if i qualify for a cheaper fare ?

sooo new and lost at this part!

Go to Carnival website & do a mock booking of exactly what you have already booked. If you booked early saver & your room category is still available & the price has gone down, you will be eligible for OBC (if you have already paid in full) or a reduction in your balance due. I booked with early saver back in January & paid in full. I found my room category cheaper just a couple of days ago. I called Carnival & they issued me OBC over the phone & sent a confirmation email while I was still on the phone with them.

I called Carnival and she wouldn't take mine over the phone. She said I had to submit the online form. It worked out well, since it was processed so fast....and that woman was rude. Every time I would ask a question she would sigh and sound irritated, like I was bothering her. Glad to get off the phone with her and do it electronically.

I called Carnival and she wouldn't take mine over the phone. She said I had to submit the online form. It worked out well, since it was processed so fast....and that woman was rude. Every time I would ask a question she would sigh and sound irritated, like I was bothering her. Glad to get off the phone with her and do it electronically.

I was actually expecting them to tell me the same thing - but I figured I would at least try to call first - nothing to lose by trying - and it worked! Glad I didn't get the woman you got - the woman I got was very nice - even told me to keep checking back b/c if the price goes :)down again I will get additional OBC:)

here's a link to fare viewer, to check on the current price of your cruise:

http://www.carnival.com/BookingEngine/FareViewer/

you can get a reduction to the price before final payment with pretty much any fare type. you get obc for the difference after final payment with ES / early saver fare type.

you can use this form to report / request the price protection:

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

This is the site I use to check for price drops. It is down right now but should be working soon.

If you find a lower price just fill out this form and send it in. On your paperwork it will say how much you paid for your Cruise Rate this is without taxes, fees, and port fees.

http://www.carnival.com/bookingengine/fairviewer

http://www.carnival.com/request-forms/price-protection-claim.aspx

Hope this helps.;)

A PVP told me the other day that submitted Early Saver Forms are no longer reviewed by humans. They are reviewed electronically now so approval is generally almost instant. On the down side, you may not hear anything if rejected. I know I didn't.

Edited by babsee101