Switching roommates

gosaints2006

4 of us are traveling together. My wife & son and her sister. The plan was for the 3 of us to have a cove balcony and her sister an interior U/L. It priced better to book it as if my wife was bunking with her sister, rather than the 3/1 configuration. After booking, I realized that would cause a problem with the S&S as far as room access. My question is....can I let them know when we arrive that she would like to switch to my room? Would that cause any problems or additional charges? Any other suggestions?

Edited by gosaints2006

just go to guest services once you board, and they can change the s&s accounts and room keys easily. i wouldn't even bother doing it at check in, it's probably faster and easier to just do it at guest services once you board. they do it all the time, no worries :)

Are you sure your cabin has sleeping space for 3? Not all cabins are set up that way and I don't know if the cabin is for 2 only and you put a 3rd person in there what would happen when Carnival found out via the steward or whomever.

You could put your son on your credit card when doing the online checkin and get the extra key from guest services. I'd be more concerned about having 3 people in a cabin for 2. How old is your son? (Not that it's any of my business, but thought if he was really young you might have an easier time having him sleep on the couch if necessary.)

Once you are on board, Carnival does not care who sleeps where. As others have mentioned, just go to guest services for an extra room key. That way your wife will have one for your cabin. As for the S&S, each person should be able to use their own credit card, so it shouldn't matter that you are switching rooms.