What did you like best of your cruise

Ine

The last few weeks some threads on this board give me a rather negative feeling.

Be it service, smoking/non smoking, furniture, food, people, staff, beds, rusty pool, you mention it. It is almost no fun to read it.

I donot get this feeling however if I read other boards like HAL.

I cannot imagine there is that much difference, I really loved my cruises on Celebrity (one more coming) and HAL. To us it was the itinary or price that made us decide which cruise to make.

Come on, let the good feeling get back. Think about the great details on your cruises. Is it really important to see if the furniture in a hidden place is not 100%. Your waiter can have a bad day, same for the rest fo the staff. Next day it might be better again.

You are on vacation, please enjoy the good things of it and report about that.

A great cruise to us is meeting and enjoying new friends just like the ones that we met on the Mercury in September, 2004.

Hello Ine,

How are you doing in The Netherlands? We met you onboard the Mercury at the Cruise Critic party. It was a pleasure and we had a fantastic time. That was one of our very best cruises. The food and service was supurb, and the staff and Captain treated everyone famously.

We hope that our paths cross again real soon,

Don and Cindy

What I loved best was the total pampering we received on the Zenith. We received excellent service from everyone and our every request was filled without hesitation. I loved dinner the best. Great food, excellent waiters, pleasant tablemates, everyone dressed up nicely and....I didn't have to do the dishes :D

Serioiusly, as a full time working mother in a demanding job the fact that I was totally taken care of was so rejuvenating. And I'd like to add...the Kids Club is great too! Perfect family vacation.

I am quite easy to please..I love the whole experience from palning to execution! The ports, the food the service. There is no cruise...no vacation ...that is not a positive experience! As long as I don't have to cook, make beds or clean, what could be bad?

As for the most wonderful expereince... it would have to be having my breakfast on the balcony as we pull into a new port!

During my two Celebrity cruises we had

Exellent:

1) Service from stewards

2) Dining room service

3) Dining room dinners , Buffet breakfests, Sushi

4) Customer Service..

Hi Cindy and Don,

Yes I remember you two and also some of the others on board Mercury. It certainly was a great cruise with nice people. Not only the cc members, we also had a good time at the table (and after dinner) each evening.

Because of all the good times, I sometimes hate to read about various (minor?)complaints, realising that in my opinion not all complaints are worth writing about.

It is not only the ship or staff but probably even more the guests on board that makes a cruise worthwhile.

By making this remark I hope more people will write about the positive more then the negative sites of Celebrity.

During my Celebrity cruise in the Millennium we had exellent:

1) Service from stewards

2) Dining room service (not for lunch)

3) Food. As a sign, even the fruits were good and "au point" (is the first ship where I enjoy fruit) and Caraibe's lobster was full of taste...

4) Ship design

5) Espace everywhere with the ship full

6) Thalassoterapy pool free, and without kids!

7) A lot of towels in the swimming pool.

8) Non intrusive service in bars and lounges

After 49 cruises, we finally saileded on Celebrity.

So the like best begins with Celebrity.

WHat was best about the Galaxy?

Walking into the Martini bar..every night after the first night and there was my Martini, ready and waiting and ice cold.

Walking into the cabin...any time of day or night and finding it impeccible.

Walking into the Dining Room and being greeted by the greatest combination of friendly and professional waiit staff we have ever encountered.

Strolling the deck at 2 am, all is quiet, holding my wife's hand and thanking God for having her in my life and giving me a a truly good life.

Archived