Kids Discounted fares

computerworks

Nice to see all the "New" Kids Discounts in the latest Regent Mailer...

BTW, the mailman asked me if i worked for these cruise lines, since i get mail from them every single day. :p

This might be nice for you and select others, but not for everyone else who would like to enjoy their cruise, minus the children. I would plan on taking cruises that did not have the "kids discounts" just to avoid them!

We also prefer sailing without children. For this reason, we generally do not sail during the summer or major school holidays/vacations. Agree that indicating which cruises have children programs also helps us to know which cruises to avoid. On the other hand, I'm okay with Regent having special fares for children as this encourages their parents to sail on these voyages - rather on ones where many passengers prefer sailing with adults.

With only a single Regent cruise under my sailor hat (and That one devoid entirely of children under the age of 30 or so), I don't mind having a few kids on board but when there are more they form packs and then, watch out.

When we have sailed with a "few kids on board" (when school was in session), I felt sorry for them. While some children can handle 2 hour dinners, no place to go and be on your own except your cabin (or a lounge where you aren't alone), they were extremely bored. IMO, people who take their young children on a luxury cruise when they know there will likely be no other children their age, are taking the cruise for themselves with little to no thought given to their children. An exception to this would be parents of children who do very well on their own -- enjoy reading books and enjoy the company of adults. Agree that the crew miss their children and love to see children on board. Adults generally run the other way -- do not want children dive bombing into the pool, pushing all the buttons on the elevators, etc.