bubbles card and bar staff

hlb76

Ever feel ignored when you walk up to the bar to get a pop with your bubbles card? Maybe its just me.

i agree... hubby tried the bubbles card on our last cruise and we won't do it again. had to wait forever on the bartenders who helped us last.. would only give 1 can at a time even though he was trying to fill his cup.. i get not like a 12 pk but dang.. can't let the guy fill his cup without giving 1 can of coke and then coming back 20 min later after u helped everybody else then come back and give 1 more can.. lol i mean i guess i get why they do that... but whatever. we are just gonna bring our own cokes on this time and fill up before we leave the room! :-)

Nope, never had a problem. Especially since I give them $1 or 2 every once in awhile.

On the Conquest, whenever Sebastian saw me coming through the doors to the aft pool, he would have my Diet Coke waiting for me when I reached the bar. One night I didn't have the chance to tell him not to because I wanted a "real" drink. So I had both :p

I never noticed that problem. 90% of the time they would fill my large Tervis cup. The other 10% of the time, I would dump their cup into mine and ask immediately for another Diet Coke and repeat. It only ever took one time per bartender and then they just refilled it for me every time.

Got grand daughter a card last week on Splendor-- no matter where she went she would sit and sit and sit while bartenders services every one around her.

One time I went over and told her you need to speak up so they know you want something and not just taking up a chair.

after that she would go to the bar-- sit on a stool and say--shirley temple please.

Didnt get our monies worth-- so will not be doing that again

Never had an issue. I was always served in a timely manner.

When we had cheers on the Miracle, there was one bar I couldn't get service at, no matter how long I waited. He helped the person to my right, then my left...then my right again. I was flabbergasted. I let my DH do the ordering (eventually), because I was cranky about that.

My wife starting getting the bubbles card 2-3 cruises back. I never saw her get ignored when I was with her to get served, she never complained other times when she was by herself. Heck, a bunch of times she'd shag me a mixer soda or juice to go with my BV booze...along with her soda or juice drink..never an issue.

I wish they had something like RCCL where kids, especially, could steer clear of the bars when they were busy and get refills from machines. Happier customers, and happier bartenders not being bothered with soda card drinks.

i could only imagine the mess that could create-- ever see the "free" water, tea and lemonade station?

i agree... hubby tried the bubbles card on our last cruise and we won't do it again. had to wait forever on the bartenders who helped us last.. would only give 1 can at a time even though he was trying to fill his cup.. i get not like a 12 pk but dang.. can't let the guy fill his cup without giving 1 can of coke and then coming back 20 min later after u helped everybody else then come back and give 1 more can.. lol i mean i guess i get why they do that... but whatever. we are just gonna bring our own cokes on this time and fill up before we leave the room! :-)

On our last cruise we had service drama in general. We were having to get up from dinner to go get our own soda and cocktails... WTH!! I understand them not giving people more than one at a time, but like you said he should have been able to fill his cup. Perhaps they would be better off with a fountain system rather than cans...