Our Adventure of the Seas Cruise

We sailed on Feb. 8th and had a great time but some things have changed since our last cruise with RCI. We have cruised 12 times with Carnival and RCI but to be honest our last RCI cruise was 7 years ago. We have cruised with RCI 4 times, once before on the Adventure of the Seas.

What we enjoyed about the trip

The itinerary was great with 5 ports.

Great weather and no rain (now we are back in the cold, burrr)

The ship is in great shape overall.

Service was great, room and dining room.

All the shows where good. Two production shows, a comedy act, and a Beatles show.

Some things that need work or change.

The room TV had no network channels and several of the available channels were in French, German, and Spanish. Lots of RCI infomercials. Way overdone for sure.

Our room had a musty smell that was noticeable each time we entered the room.

A sewer smell at times on deck 4 on the outside deck.

The big disappointment was the food. Nothing wowed us at all. Nice presentation in the dining room but most items were just OK and some even seemed bland. The Wind Jammer was a big disappointment. Nothing was bad but it just seemed they didn’t care what it tasted like. No deli, no oriental, and no self-serve ice cream. An attendant served the ice cream and gave you a small cone with no option for a bowl. Food is one area that Carnival does score better all the way around.

I guess the bottom line for us is we had a great time and no cruise line is going to be perfect. Carnival and RCI have great features and some not so great. As RCI says “Get Out There”. The Adventure of the Seas is a great way to cruise but just don’t expect perfection. Just enjoy. We did.

We've cruised on Adventure twice, two years ago in the Caribbean for two weeks and most recently a 16 night Med cruise. We had the same cabin both times. I must say our attendant in the Caribbean did a much better job of cleaning. I dusted the baseboards and wiped the hand prints from the mirror and balcony doors. I didn't like to complain because we love Adventure and RCI. I think it's time to replace the furnishings in the cabin, that would make a big difference.

We just got off the Adventure also. Our room had a musty smell and we told the front desk and it was handled immediately. Never smelled again. The room was always cleaned and bed made whenever we left and came back. Excellent service. 6 of us went and thought the food was better than last year on the Freedom. Was it 5 star? No. We were not paying for 5 star. Overall a great ship with a great itinerary with great service. We would sail her again in a heartbeat.

Crusing on the Adventure in May. I will be bringing lysol wipes. wonder if there is anything you can buy before hand to mask the smell if your cabin has that problem. Mid you we wont be in our cabin too much with a 5 port of call cruise

Crusing on the Adventure in May. I will be bringing lysol wipes. wonder if there is anything you can buy before hand to mask the smell if your cabin has that problem. Mid you we wont be in our cabin too much with a 5 port of call cruise

We brought Lysol wipes with us but no spray. One phone call and it was handled very very quickly and never had a hint of smell again.

We sailed on the Adventure of the Seas out of Southampton, UK, last year in June. Here are some videos of the food. Can you tell me whether the food you had on board was similar?

Windjammer Dinner

[YOUTUBE]n32QJIrVd08[/YOUTUBE]

Windjammer Breakfast

[YOUTUBE]uBAE5twNaKA[/YOUTUBE]

Main Dining -

[YOUTUBE]D224Qw8kdR0[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]acJ1qfLkcGA[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks.

I'll be on Adventure in 15 days (can't wait!). I'm glad to know all i have to do is call and they can fix the smell. As for the food i hope its not too bad. Last year me and my girlfriend did Carnival liberty for spring break and the dessert there was awful. Food in the dining wasn't that great for us either. I will say though the Pizza and Guy's Burgers were the best I've ever had. It's our last college spring break so I'm hoping this cruise will be a special one

I was also on Adventure on Feb 8. If one sifts through these threads, they will find a lot of complaints, some not specific to AoS, but to RCCL in general. What I can say (before tonight when I write the review) is that there was little to complain about, unless you life lacks meaning and you REALLY need sometime to moan about.

Boarding went VERY smooth. I did the precheck in at the office a few days before, making embarkation a breeze - 10 min and we were on and actually in the stateroom. Hour or so and the luggage arrived. Not like two years ago when I forgot about the knife I bought in Old San Juan and they held my luggage on deck 0. The cabin was very clean, and there were no issues with smell.

Dining - I thought the WJ had a decent variety, but for the decerning eater who wanted spice or flavour, this wasn't for you. I was one of them. For the most part, there was something for everyone. Burgers, dogs, chicken, beans and rice, there was variety. If you were looking for gormet speciality food, this wasn't for you. I complained to my wife numerous times that it was the same crap served day in and day out with no flavour, however, as a friend of mine reminded me, why not bring one of the dozen bottles of hot sauce with me to dine? good point.

The MDR was good, but again, lacking flavour. Variety certainly was there. Everything from Lobster to pork, to various cuts of beef. In my opinion, something for everyone. I ordered an entree each night with the striplion on the side as a failsafe. It was cooked medium each night. Again, just one of the things that the wait staff does to please, the guest. This went a long way with me.

Shows were good and organized. Quest was a favourite. The main show was the Rock and Roll show which again, I thought was fantastic.

This is turning into a full review. I'll stop and continue tonight.

Overall, a great cruise. RCCL still will get my repeat business. But next year, it's off to NCL for a Hawaiian cruise.

Your review of Adventure is greatly appreciated, the good and not so good. My sailing on her is May 16 and I'm so excited. One question is whether there were ANY English-speaking stations on the tv? Although I don't spend a lot of time in my cabin, when I'm there I do watch a little CNN if it's available. Can you recall?

Your review of Adventure is greatly appreciated, the good and not so good. My sailing on her is May 16 and I'm so excited. One question is whether there were ANY English-speaking stations on the tv? Although I don't spend a lot of time in my cabin, when I'm there I do watch a little CNN if it's available. Can you recall?

Yes, there are several English language channels.

We sailed on Feb. 8th and had a great time but some things have changed since our last cruise with RCI. We have cruised 12 times with Carnival and RCI but to be honest our last RCI cruise was 7 years ago. We have cruised with RCI 4 times, once before on the Adventure of the Seas.

All the shows where good. Two production shows, a comedy act, and a Beatles show.

The room TV had no network channels and several of the available channels were in French, German, and Spanish. Lots of RCI infomercials. Way overdone for sure.

The big disappointment was the food. Nothing wowed us at all. Nice presentation in the dining room but most items were just OK and some even seemed bland. The Wind Jammer was a big disappointment. Nothing was bad but it just seemed they didn’t care what it tasted like. No deli, no oriental, and no self-serve ice cream. An attendant served the ice cream and gave you a small cone with no option for a bowl. Food is one area that Carnival does score better all the way around.

I guess the bottom line for us is we had a great time and no cruise line is going to be perfect. Carnival and RCI have great features and some not so great. As RCI says “Get Out There”. The Adventure of the Seas is a great way to cruise but just don’t expect perfection. Just enjoy. We did.

Can you give some detail on the ports and any advice?

We just returned yesterday from our cruise on the Adventure and your review is spot on. We had a great time too, but experienced all the same things you did. The TV, the musty and sewer smell in room and hallways. And you are correct, the food was not good. We are not super picky people, but unfortunately the food in the dining room and the windjammer was disappointing.Believe me we didn't starve, but we had much higher hopes for the food. We were a group of 10 and no one ever finished their entire meal. We sail both Carnival and Royal, and we agree with you that Carnival has better food. The Adventure is a beautiful ship with great service, and we had a blast anyway!!

I'll be on Adventure in 15 days (can't wait!). I'm glad to know all i have to do is call and they can fix the smell. As for the food i hope its not too bad. Last year me and my girlfriend did Carnival liberty for spring break and the dessert there was awful. Food in the dining wasn't that great for us either. I will say though the Pizza and Guy's Burgers were the best I've ever had. It's our last college spring break so I'm hoping this cruise will be a special one

See you there!

We cruised on Adventure back in Nov 2010.We had no problems and noticed none of the smells and food was good(we've sinced cruised twice more with R.C.C.L )maybe it's a recent issue?We remember a sparkling ship,good service,shows and despite an interior cabin we loved the entire experience as First-time cruisers back then.Sorry to hear things have gone a little downhill.

We sailed on Adventure in 2012 and noticed a strong odor on deck 3, but not in our stateroom. That being said, we always take one of the small fabreze air freshners for the bathroom. They don't take any space in your luggage. Might be an idea to take two - one for the bathroom and the other for the stateroom.