Experience with tendering in Grand Cayman

My parents have an ongoing joke about Sting Ray city at Grand Caymen. Even though they've been onn 4 or 5 cruises with GC as a port, they always try to go to Sting Ray city and have not once made it, due to either the ship not stopping at GC due to bad weather, or due to cancellation of all water-based excursions due to moderately bad weather. They were on Independence last week, and so once again, they had another failed bid at going to SR City!

• 3 years later...
I was on a cruise that could not tender due to high seas. We were advised the port authorities make the decision, not the Captain.

The next stop was Jamaica and we slowed down a lot to arrive at the regularly scheduled time.

Not sure how it happened but this was not my post. I considered making a comment and changed my mind but somehow I am getting credit for someone else's post.

I guess I have been lucky. I have been to Grand Cayman 5 times. 3 in Feb, 2 in Sept. & we have never missed Grand Cayman.

Love the port, I will cruise here any time I can. Nothing better than snorkeling, going to Stingray City and Starfish Beach.

JoeRum

I guess I have been lucky. I have been to Grand Cayman 5 times. 3 in Feb, 2 in Sept. & we have never missed Grand Cayman.

Love the port, I will cruise here any time I can. Nothing better than snorkeling, going to Stingray City and Starfish Beach.

JoeRum

Same here, 13 out of 13, and we sailed Spring, Summer and Fall...