Pull-out sofa

MJKennedy

Our next cruise will probably be on the Breakaway or Getaway and we will have 2 young children with us. On the Sun we had a pull-out sofa and a pullman (for sleeping up to 5 ppl). Our kids are too young for the pullmans, but the sofa was perfect.

Are the sofas available in rooms that sleep 4, or are they usually only pullmans?

Our next cruise will probably be on the Breakaway or Getaway and we will have 2 young children with us. On the Sun we had a pull-out sofa and a pullman (for sleeping up to 5 ppl). Our kids are too young for the pullmans, but the sofa was perfect.

Are the sofas available in rooms that sleep 4, or are they usually only pullmans?

That's going to depend on what type of cabin you book. I believe most if not all insides are strictly Pullman, while some oceanview are Pullman and some are couch. I think all balcony cabins have the couch. If it is important not to have Pullmans, then don't book a guarantee for a category that has both, book a specific cabin class.

On the BA, the family oceanview are (mostly ??) on deck 5 midship and they are roomy with space to move around, with a pullout sofa & divider. However, depending on specific sailing dates - they are often priced higher than a typical balcony (GTY ?) that sleep 4 (pullout sofa + 1 pullman in the "sky" but with less room (smaller than the family OV) - and depend on the category & prices, it could be on any # of deck (except #5)

For "smaller" children, the adults get the use of the "small" balcony and might be saving some money vs. the family OV - do some comparison shopping on availability & prices, etc.

I don't think any of the OVs have couches with the exception of the family suite. However, as pp stated, they are usually more than the lowest category balcony. We stayed in a balcony on the BA in June and the couch wasn't really a traditional pullout. The back folds down and the whole thing moves forward a bit. It was probably the size of a twin bed. It wasn't made to sleep two. If you need four in a cabin, there was also a bed that came down from the ceiling but went up flush in the daytime.

I'm just wondering how young your children are, OP? My DS has been sleeping in pullmans since he was 3.5 and he loved them more when he was younger/smaller vs now that he's bigger. We've had 10 cruises in insides and one in a balcony. Now, I will say that one of those insides (on HAL) was a sofa that made into a bed. Other than that, all other 9 insides were pullmans.

Edited by GORDONCHICK

My kids are 2 & 4. On the Sun the pullout sofa was plenty of room for them. It seemed larger than a twin. I am too nervous to put the oldest in a pullman though. Thanks everyone. I never would have thought that a balcony might be cheaper than a family room.

I think the family oceanview on the BA has sofa that sleeps two and a pull down for the fifth passenger if there is one. The balconies' sofa sleeps one and is like a twin bed. Family oceanview can be more expensive because there are fewer cabins in this category than balconies but not necessarily the case. Family oceanview also has a larger bathroom than balconies. I compare it to the mini suite on the BA where the space for the balcony is inside the cabin at approx. 200sq ft total. Hth