Just keep checking

raz455

Even though I have started a thread for our December 2015 cruise, I thought I would start a new thread to highlight a specific point - mainly, the need to keep checking. Yes, this has been discussed in previous posts, but it really is something to bring up again.

I booked our trip through a travel agent. I got a very good deal that was a few hundred less than what the Big P offered and included some nice on board credits. I was very happy with the deal I received and was more than ready to relax and enjoy the results of my hard work. However, being somewhat curious and having a bit of time to kill, I decided to go through the search again (as though I was booking the cruise all over again). When I did, I learned that the travel agency was now offering a few more perks, so I emailed my agent with my requests. What did I have to lose? Imagine my surprise when I received a reply that not only fulfilled my request but also threw in even more credits! Now, I have more than doubled my on board credits (now at $400) plus I received 2 free dinners at one of the specialty dining rooms.

My booking number is new - my original booking was cancelled and re-booked but other than that, everything else is the same . . .and better!

With months to go before final payment, I will keep checking every few weeks to see if there is a better deal worth going after.

So, it definitely pays to keep checking.

Happy sailing!

I agree, it does pay to check the rates no matter who you have booked with.

I booked through a Princess Cruise Vacation Planner and 1 week later our rates dropped $350 per person for the exact same cabin category. Our person was gone for the day, so I called the main number. They were able to allow us to keep the same booking number, same perks AND lower our price by $700.

Today 2 weeks later, I see the pricing has gone back up on the website for these cabins by $350 per person. So glad I saw the price drop when I did and acted on it.

My theory is the worse they can say is NO, so why not call and ask.