Grandeur deck 7 aft

fishbonz

Don't recall feeling much movement, but movement soothes me - not bothers me. There was a bit of noise as you're pushing in and out of port, but frankly, I consider that a free wake up call if you're not already getting moving and ready for the port :)

Judy

Have one booked #7150 on March 13. Will let you know what it's like when we get back. Like the other poster motion soothes me... and we've always had cabins pretty far forward and never minded any movement - first cruise was through the outskirts of a hurricane!

2x in an aft cabin for us. Will be deck 8 in Jan. A bit more vibration but nothing that bothers us. Best part is arrival and departures from ports - a commanding view moving foward or in reverse.

Will be a longer walk but plus is its extra quiet.

You gotta at least try it once.

• 1 month later...

Cabin 7150 was wonderful! The closet is worth it alone. Didn't notice any extra movement or anything else, other than the bit longer walk to the elevators which was nice to get some exercise and allow for yummy desserts!

Pics have been uploaded to cruise line rooms under cabin 7150!

Can you supply a link for pictures? Can't seem to find it. Thanks.

Gwen ☺

The link for photos of cabins is in the usual format, cruise line rooms dot com, with no spaces and the usual 3 w's at the beginning. There is another site which is excellent for locating pictures of cabins which is cruise deck plans dot com.

We're looking forward to our very first aft cabin, just weeks from now.

We are on Deck 7 and understand there can be some night noise from the lounge one deck below. But we live in the city and as long as it's not the wail of sirens, I think we'll be okay. ;)

Not concerned about motion or vibration at all.

I love the aft cabins, last 5 cruises have been in and aft and we have cabin 7650 for our Grandure on May 8th but can't seem to find any good pictures of it so I will be taking as many as I can incase someone wants to see them. Linda

I just returned from a cabin on the Grandeur from a cruise 3/21-3/31. Maybe it was the fact that I had the pull down cot from the ceiling, or the extremely high winds the one night but I would say that I felt a lot of motion. The one night I even thought I was going to get thrown out of bed!! On the days there were calm seas it was fine, but the slightest bit of wind and the boat was rocking and rolling. Also, be careful in the Windjammer because the floors can get very slippery in there and if it is windy its very hard to walk. We saw many people go down with plates of food!

I love the aft cabins, last 5 cruises have been in and aft and we have cabin 7650 for our Grandure on May 8th but can't seem to find any good pictures of it so I will be taking as many as I can incase someone wants to see them. Linda

7650 will look exactly like 7150 so look at those pics. They are both corner aft JS. One on port side and one on starboard. We have sailed in these rooms before and love them.

If the seas are really rough you're going to feel motion all over the ship. It is worse in the front that the back.

Edited by dixieva