Question about port

hjmrlm

Crazy question...,I was on a cruise in 06 and we tendered into the port in Cozumel because hurricane Wilma had destroyed the ports does anyone know where I would have tendered into? I want to say that we were very near walking distance to senor frogs and the shopping was not the pier shopping area it was actual stores lined onthe street and the water was directly across the street. We have been back since but did not port anywhere that looked like the first time there.

Crazy question...,I was on a cruise in 06 and we tendered into the port in Cozumel because hurricane Wilma had destroyed the ports does anyone know where I would have tendered into? I want to say that we were very near walking distance to senor frogs and the shopping was not the pier shopping area it was actual stores lined onthe street and the water was directly across the street. We have been back since but did not port anywhere that looked like the first time there.

They were tendering into downtown, either at or near to the mainland ferry pier. A block or two along from punta Langosta.

They were tendering into downtown, either at or near to the mainland ferry pier. A block or two along from punta Langosta.

Do you by chance know about how far that is from where the ships are now porting? I really liked the old feel of town not the port shopping and the usual port stuff

Do you by chance know about how far that is from where the ships are now porting? I really liked the old feel of town not the port shopping and the usual port stuff

It's about 3.5 kilometers from Puerta Maya. An easy taxi ride. Around $7 (95 MXP) per taxi for up to 4 people. Just tell the driver you want to go to the downtown plaza.

It's about 3.5 kilometers from Puerta Maya. An easy taxi ride. Around $7 (95 MXP) per taxi for up to 4 people. Just tell the driver you want to go to the downtown plaza.

Perfect! Now I'm just throwing this out there and I know these pics were not long after a hurricane but by chance would ya know what beach this is 2d38d9f5b622e6f60039e088171cfd49.jpg

b27a344b322d69030fb05b76ba622421.jpg

Some ships dock at Punta Langosta (right in town) so depending on your ship, you may be lucky enough to be right there. Usually NCL and Disney dock in town. Carnival and RCCL dock at the two south piers about 2 miles away. (not a big deal to hop a cab).

Perfect! Now I'm just throwing this out there and I know these pics were not long after a hurricane but by chance would ya know what beach this is 2d38d9f5b622e6f60039e088171cfd49.jpg

b27a344b322d69030fb05b76ba622421.jpg

Not really much of the beach to go on from the photos!

Can you give a bit more of a description to narrow it down? Did you take a taxi? Was it a resort hotel, beach bar, national park? Did you pay an entrance fee? Was the beach sandy, Rocky?

Not really much of the beach to go on from the photos!

Can you give a bit more of a description to narrow it down? Did you take a taxi? Was it a resort hotel, beach bar, national park? Did you pay an entrance fee? Was the beach sandy, Rocky?

I know it's not very much to go on... the beach was very rocky but they said it was that way because of the hurricane. We did take a cab to it and I remember the ride being kinda docile, not much to look at but there again a lot had been wiped out. We did Para sail there for 20 dollars a person and they were at our beck and call. The workers were very personable there and even sat and had a drink with us. We had so so so much fun and therefore the reasoning of me not remembering to much on the location or name of the beach. I do remember it being very clean and there was a couple of cabanas selling T shirts and little beachy things. That's about all I remember. This trip I will try not to let the drinks get the better of me. Haha ;)