I have questions..You have answers!

albertiger

Im going transatlantic for the first time in april on Constellation and have decided to let X handle hotel and air. my questions are:

when do i find out how much the hotel costs when currency fluctuates daily? and i have expressed to my agent i prefer to use JFK over Newark-do i get the answer to that one 60 days out when i get my tix? thanks for your help! :eek:

As for the airlines, if you are a Captain's Club member you can get free custom air through your travel agent and Celebrity's Custom Air department, so you are able to pick your flights even though they are through Celebrity.

If not, you are lucky to find out your flights 30 days before departure. Actually 28 days. We've never had our documents earlier than 4 weeks before departure.

As for hotels, I am not sure. We only have done the Alaska cruise tour using hotels through Celebrity and we did not find out until 3 weeks before leaving where we would be staying.

Have a great trip.

Anne Maria

Im going transatlantic for the first time in april on Constellation and have decided to let X handle hotel and air. my questions are:

when do i find out how much the hotel costs when currency fluctuates daily? and i have expressed to my agent i prefer to use JFK over Newark-do i get the answer to that one 60 days out when i get my tix? thanks for your help! :eek:

alberttiger,

There is an extremely active Celebrity Constellation TA roll call for the cruise leaving Dover on 9/10/05. It has been going on for thirteen months and has close to 200 people registed for the Cruise Critic party on board. I suggest you skim the postings and would be surprised if most of the answers to questions you have haven't already been explored.

Celebrity emailed me my air 9 months before the cruise (December). So either my TA is high on their list or CC members get this service. Same with our TA cruise in November, I had air last February while we were on Maui. Next month I am to get my Alaska air for May '06.

I just love them!

You are so lucky. We did this TA last year and had a wonderful trip. Had to scrap Iceland because of rough seas there but the seas we sailed on were almost like glass. Too smooth for my liking. Sailing into New York harbor and seeing that grand "lady" greeting us was very specail. The captain delayed entering the harbor a few hours so we could get up early and see her. They played "God Bless America" in public areas as we sailed by. It was truly a special time.

When we went to Barcelona last year, we knew our hotel when we booked it. We didn't know our flight until 30 days out. Our ta said they wouldn't do "custom air" (yeah, I've since changed our TA). When we went to Alaska a couple of years ago, we had a choice of Hotels. We are going to the Baltics next year and when I inquired about hotels, they gave me the name. Good luck.

Happy Sailing!

When we put the airport code into the rez system, we can choose JFK or Newark.

There are air contracts for both gateways.

All your agent has to do is call Air/Sea and select your flights. There is no deviation fee since you are Captain's Club members.

thanks for the kind answers, however it is an eastbound crossing so i need air from Heathrow to JFK. (i live in CT) dropped a letter to my TA in the mail today with my preferences and will keep my fingers crossed for a good outcome! ;)

Archived