Victory Review Feb. 16-21- The good and the very UGLY

ThirstyFrog203

Well bless your heart! However they never say if they blame carnival or not.

The lack of the words "I'm mad at Carnival and blame them for bad weather" suggests that the OP doesn't blame Carnival. At the same time the phrase "Low Points - Missing HMC" suggests that they had a disappointing trip because they didn't get to go to the port they most wanted to. But that's just the way I read the post.

I may be wrong, but you seem invested in the notion that they do.

Edited by opshannon

The lack of the words "I'm mad at Carnival and blame them for bad weather" suggests that the OP doesn't blame Carnival. At the same time the phrase "Low Points - Missing HMC" suggests that they had a disappointing trip because they didn't get to go to the port they most wanted to. But that's just the way I read the post.

I may be wrong, but you seem invested in the notion that they do.

I was just asking a simple question. I did not mean to offend you or the op.

I totally understand about your disappointment in not getting to experience HMC. My DH and I took a cruise in Sept 14 and we rented a cabana in HMC, which was heaven! I booked another cruise for Thanksgiving 2015 which stopped at HMC and I booked a cabana as well. Wouldn't you know, Carnival changed the itinerary of that cruise two weeks later, no HMC. Fortunately I was able to cancel and rebook another cruise ( no HMC though, but ports I wanted to see) so it's all good. Believe me, I would be shaking my fist in anger if I couldn't get to HMC because of stupid tenders.

I hope you get a chance to see HMC. Rent a cabana. I recommend #9 :)

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just to clarify on some comments above. I don't blame Carnival for this. It was deemed unsafe because of wind, but since i'm reading that it's frequently missed, maybe they should have a back up island in place instead of just staying out to sea.

I don't know how feasible that is, but take our cruise for example. Book it as Grand Turk, HMC/some other nearby island, Nassau.

You could book an excursion at both places and get refunded for the one you don't go to.... just a thought

Sorry about the low points...sitting here in a very much milder winter this year..still sick of it by end of Feb; I am there and it is better but iffy and lighter snowy rainy windy to May, but some nice days in May and June,,LOL.

Probably with the shift in arctic flow..the Caribbean may get more windy..not sure but makes a little sense to me..

I have a hot springs locally I have got to get to...it is a very few chairs and not a cruise situation at all..but nice 3 pools with varied hotter mini pools in them and an outside one..I have to use a chair to get good sandals on to get back to lockers..usually a ski visitor who has figured out the place hogs the chairs for stuff...here they are just for short term help and they get a scowled look when I am plopped at end of their stuff for a minute, but I am obviously a crazy local..LOL...you just get help or move it and take to desk after your 30..40 minute sit next time...don't let it go 2 hrs.

Glad you vented..remember the good...Sarah

Edited by sjn911

Sorry you had some disappointments. It sounds like you would do better with an newer ship such as Breeze or Magic. I don't book a cruise for the ship, I book for the ports. I have a B2B on the Valor in April that includes HMC. That is the only reason I booked it. I will be very disappointed if we miss it. Hopefully you will get to see HMC one day!

• 4 months later...