Website prices just doubled on me

sunviking90

I'm looking around on the Celebrity site and clicked on the 123 offer for the Solstice April 20th and a Veranda was about $1529 Canadian. I entered the 123 offer code and suddenly all the prices doubled.

I looked over at the Transatlantic Cruises and they also seem to be double. So weird! Either I'm overtired and should go to bed, or the site has gone crazy!

The site does go crazy sometimes. Often around the time the next special is getting programmed in.

I ticked the over 55 box a while back and the price was about double.

I would recommend either trying again later, or even turning your computer completely off and waiting a few minutes to restart so the cache is cleared?

Not weird at all. Celebrity offers pricing that is often either including promo offers or net. On a Med Cruise in April the fare was $2699 with 123GO and about $500 in OBC or$1799 without. If you figured out the value of the promotions they were worth a little bit more that the difference. Nothing is for free!

The Expedia website often shows all the fares on 1 page. X website you need to check and uncheck boxes to see them all. The issue is many fares do not combine with various discounts. Complicated and not a website issue.

Not weird at all. Celebrity offers pricing that is often either including promo offers or net. On a Med Cruise in April the fare was $2699 with 123GO and about $500 in OBC or$1799 without. If you figured out the value of the promotions they were worth a little bit more that the difference. Nothing is for free!

The Expedia website often shows all the fares on 1 page. X website you need to check and uncheck boxes to see them all. The issue is many fares do not combine with various discounts. Complicated and not a website issue.

It was definitely a website issue as they seem to be back down again. I suspected what you said as nothing is free, but the transatlantics are excluded from the 123 promo and those prices were also doubled for no reason. It's ok now..

It was definitely a website issue as they seem to be back down again. I suspected what you said as nothing is free, but the transatlantics are excluded from the 123 promo and those prices were also doubled for no reason. It's ok now..

The "double" thing happened to me once. When I went back, I realized I had one passenger instead of two on my first screen. It automatically doubled every price that way.

Happened to me as well. Clicked through the 123Go special page, put in my state of residence (as requested), and booked a room. Then noticed that by putting in my residency the website "graciously" decided to give me a better residence rate than the 123Go promotion...but at no point told notified me of the change. I called and they tried telling me the website decided it was a better deal and I said I disagreed...they offered my $400 OBC, but ended up canceling and booking through a TA.

The TA made it very clear I had two options, residence rate or 123Go rate...and I got to decide what I thought was the best value (123Go given my liver requirements).