Advice on cruising with 8.5mo twins

aznevon

We just booked a 3-night Disney Cruise leaving from Port Canaveral in April and are so excited! There will be 3 adults (mom, dad, grandma) and 2 babies (8.5mo b/g twins).

By the time they are 8.5 months, they should be eating a good mix of solids/purees and formula. Anyone have any advice on how to bring/prepare food for the babies? Did you just bring a bunch of pouches and powdered formula? What is the dining room situation like with babies that young?

Also, we have a City Select tandem stroller that we were thinking of bringing (for ease of traveling through the airport) along with their infant carseats. We don't own any umbrella strollers, but aren't opposed to purchasing them. Does anyone know if a City Select will fit through doorways and elevators on the ship? Or do you strongly recommend 2 separate umbrella strollers?

Any other advice on cruising with twin infants? =)

Thank you in advance!

I cruised with many tandem strollers and was always happy to have them. It does mean having to wait for an elevator with enough space sometimes, but worth it for the kids to be comfortable. Mine sometimes did not fit through the cabin door, so it just meant unloading the kids and then folding the stroller - something I have to do every time we get in/out of a car, so it wasn't a big deal to me. As long as it's not wider than a wheelchair, there's no issue getting around the ship.

Powdered formula with tap water worked great for us.

Have a great time - so nice for a twin mom to have someone else doing all the cooking/cleaning so you can just enjoy your babies.

Best,

Mia

There are PLENTY of "mashable" foods..bananas, applesauce, potatoes, eggs, oatmeal, etc.....the dining room will be much easier than the buffet....the waitstaff is very accommodating to babies! Much easier than trying to fix plates, find a table, etc...with little ones!

Do start counting diapers...you will need to bring ALL of the child-specific baby stuff you'll need! The ship sells little, if anything for babies...bring any meds that you MIGHT need! Ear drops, nose drops, creams, lotions and potions....fever reducers....etc...

Cabin doors can be smaller than standard doors, so if the stroller is too wide, you'll have to take the kids OUT, fold the stroller, etc....difficult if there's only one of you at the time!

Edited by cb at sea

We just came back from 7 days cruise. We brought 2 Britax Agile, provided good shade when we go to ports. They both napped happily. Although, they don't fit the cabin door, we just take the boys out and collapsed the stroller before entering. My boys were not always on the same schedule, having two single strollers were nice because I can just take one out on a stroll while the other nap. Have fun.

I haven't sailed Disney, but on all the other cruises I have taken my son on, please be prepared for the likelihood that the hallways will often be blocked by housekeeping carts. A stroller cannot pass by those, so you need to fold up the stroller to get by. I would usually scout out the path prior to leaving to see if it was clear before loading my son into a stroller.

You might also find it convenient to have room service bring you food - we had warm milk and yoghurt delivered every night for our son, so he always had food in the room. Otherwise, the dining staff or buffet staff was usually very helpful about getting yoghurt from the kitchen when he wanted to eat it. If you have the same servers at dinner, you can also request that fruit or bananas or yoghurt be at the table when you arrive for your child.

Edited by kitkat343

We sailed with a 9month old on Disney Magic last year. It was great!

For food, don't worry. We brought some fruit pouches to carry around and give in the room when we didn't want to go out etc. In the dining room, the wait staff were more than happy to prepare whatever we wanted, pureed or minced. Our son didn't eat that much anyway, but they still kept serving him huge bowls of pureed food every evening. Although if he wanted solid that was fine too!

During breakfast and lunch there was so much to choose from both on the buffet and a la carte, so there was always suitable food for a baby. The one thing I would bring is a sippy cup and a bib or two :)

I would recommend two umbrella strollers, which we had - but haven't really compared with anything!

Any questions, feel free to ask!

We just booked a 3-night Disney Cruise leaving from Port Canaveral in April and are so excited! There will be 3 adults (mom, dad, grandma) and 2 babies (8.5mo b/g twins).

By the time they are 8.5 months, they should be eating a good mix of solids/purees and formula. Anyone have any advice on how to bring/prepare food for the babies? Did you just bring a bunch of pouches and powdered formula? What is the dining room situation like with babies that young?

Also, we have a City Select tandem stroller that we were thinking of bringing (for ease of traveling through the airport) along with their infant carseats. We don't own any umbrella strollers, but aren't opposed to purchasing them. Does anyone know if a City Select will fit through doorways and elevators on the ship? Or do you strongly recommend 2 separate umbrella strollers?

Any other advice on cruising with twin infants? =)

Thank you in advance!

I'm glad to see you're cruising and traveling with kids. I also have twins.

On the stroller advice, I strongly recommend ditching the double stroller and getting a couple of umbrella strollers. I don't know if the cheap $20 kind will offer the support you need, but the doubles would be a major pain in the behind, I would imagine.

enjoy your cruise.