Some Perspective Please: Getaway vs Escape

ChristinaN

Looking to take advantage of the current promotion but having a difficult time choosing between the Escape & Getaway. We've cruised the Breakaway and really love it. I'd love to hear your thoughts between the two ships, price is pretty much the same. I suppose since I haven't read much about the Escape, I'm curious is there is anything new and exciting that would have us wanting to sail it instead of the Getaway? We would be in a family oceanview room for five with three boys ages 8, 9 and 11.

Getaway: 4 ports which I love since we sail for the ship so we tend to stay on board in ports we've visited numerous times, would love to see Grand Cayman again, GSC is a great stop with the kids

Escape: Brand new ship, kids club located on the same floor as where our room will be, only been to St Thomas once, never been to Tortola, Nassau we would remain on the ship

Thanks for your help.

Looking to take advantage of the current promotion but having a difficult time choosing between the Escape & Getaway. We've cruised the Breakaway and really love it. I'd love to hear your thoughts between the two ships, price is pretty much the same. I suppose since I haven't read much about the Escape, I'm curious is there is anything new and exciting that would have us wanting to sail it instead of the Getaway? We would be in a family oceanview room for five with three boys ages 8, 9 and 11.

Getaway: 4 ports which I love since we sail for the ship so we tend to stay on board in ports we've visited numerous times, would love to see Grand Cayman again, GSC is a great stop with the kids

Escape: Brand new ship, kids club located on the same floor as where our room will be, only been to St Thomas once, never been to Tortola, Nassau we would remain on the ship

Thanks for your help.

Not sure how much people can tell you since no one has sailed on the Escape yet. Pretty much you can read about what each ship has to offer on the NCL site.

You might find this thread helpful:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2016503&highlight=escape

We had the same problem. We originally booked the Getaway. (sailed the Breakaway and loved it!) But when I found out more details about the Escape, we switched.

I think they have the family slide on the Escape and the mini-golf has a nice TMNT theme (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles).

I liked the itinerary of the Getaway better, but can't pass up the opportunity of sailing a brand new ship like the Escape. We have been to St. Thomas as well and we'll probably stay on board during the Nassau stop and enjoy the ship.

Hope this helps.

Check out this link. The poster also has the same question.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2168604

Thank you all especially you aquarianne the TMNT mini golf sold me! LOL I've emailed my TA, we are sailing the Breakaway again in two weeks in connecting mini-suites for $5600 Canadian (no promotions), this cruise will be $2300 US including the drink package. A steal of a deal in my opinion.