Roll Calls...way of Dodo?

Red-Sol

IMO the roll call totally depends on the luck of the draw of the people on CC going on that cruise. That said I have had several 'things' happen during roll calls that I can see why people do not want to participate.

• people who start or post on the roll call are no longer going on the cruise but do not say so on the RC; others are waiting for posts from them since they started the group

• people who know each other from past cruises can become quite cliquey; I had one RC person move the whole thing over to FB and so the RC on CC stopped. For those of us that are not on FB or were not invited to see that site it was quite rude

• I have seen people actually have fights about the M & M and who is in charge; became quite uncomfortable. Some people can become quite dictatorial on how things will be. :rolleyes:

• It is important to some people that they become or are good friends of the officers and staff on the ship; not for me, I have no need to be their friend after I disembark.

Just a couple of things I can remember now but I know there are more. Again, these are my perception. :)

Anyone else have other experiences like this?

That said, I have also been on some fantastic RCs and have met great people!!

Happy cruising all!

Since I joined CC I have always been very active on the roll calls and met alot of really nice people and had some great times with them during my cruises!:cool: For those who are interested in meeting people before and onboard, the roll calls and M&G's are excellent!:D I too have noticed a bit of a decline in interest, and agree with most of the reasons discussed in the thread. Either way, we all Luv2cruz and can't wait for my upcoming cruises!:D:);)

Edited by *Luv2Cruz*

I have no idea what the 'other' site is....bummer....since you guys can't even tell me (�� would it help me to check FB?)..

Since that IS the other site in question, yes it would help. :)

I had a bit of a mixed experience with the roll call on one of my cruises. On one hand, I did meet some very nice people that I enjoyed spending time with, and I probably wouldn't have met them on the cruise if I hadn't joined a shore excursion that was organized by someone on the roll call. On the other hand, there was definitely a big clique (with t-shirts and everything) on the roll call that tended to monopolize everything, to the point that I was asked not to sit at "their table" during an event. They organized a lot of the events, but I stopped participating in a lot of them because it was like trying to fit into a group that already were best friends and didn't seem like they wanted to get to know someone new. I'm not going to force my presence on people that don't seem to want me there, and I'm perfectly happy just curling up with a book somewhere on deck instead of joining in the "group fun."

Edited by ldlewis45