Navigator of the Seas - Formal Nights

Hi,

We are going on Navigator out of Galveston on April 26, visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Jamaica.

Does anyone know when formal nights would be? Also, I tried to reserve specialty dining online but it said to book on the ship. Can this be booked on the phone?

Thanks!!!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using Forums mobile app

When I talked to rccl on the phone they said when your cruise is 49 days out the reservationswould be open. Apparently other things that you might book like transfers wwon't show up either, especially if you went through a travel agent. We are on the sailing right after you get back - May 3rd and it says the same for us....can't be booked at this time.

Mondays and Fridays are the formal nights....this is our first cruise and we plan on doing the formals. Is one night more formal than the other? Bad thing about the second formal night is we will be in Cozumel that day....guess I better keep my alcohol intact low...lol.

Edited by paigebeverly

I hate to say this, but we may skip the 2nd formal night and eat at the Lido. We have a full day planned in Cozumel and our dining time is 5:30 ( we have little kidz ). Am I crazy? We have never skipped a formal night before.

I hate to say this, but we may skip the 2nd formal night and eat at the Lido. We have a full day planned in Cozumel and our dining time is 5:30 ( we have little kidz ). Am I crazy? We have never skipped a formal night before.

The second formal night is usually when the free lobster is offered.

Agree that first formal is a little fancier than second - but I always prefer the pictures from the 2nd when we are relaxed and have some skin glow!

We did MTD instead 5:30, and typically got 5:45 reservations so the kids could eat fast and meet the kids club staff at the dining room entrance. I found that 15 minutes really helped us in the getting ready department!). By the Cozumel day we had our 'get ready for dinner' dance in our stateroom down to a science and actually did it in less than 50 minutes including showers for all 4! But - the one thing that we missed was watching sail away that night! We did have a great view of the water from our table in the dining room though!

My kids (4 and 8) were obsessed with the kids club. On the 2 formal nights - kids ages 3-11 can eat with the adventure ocean staff those nights but I wanted ours to enjoy dinner with us. The 2nd formal night was also PJ Movie night (last week they showed big hero 6 for explorers and voyagers). My kids went straight to the kids club from the dining room in their dress clothes and then when we finished our dinner we brought them their PJs and they changed in the kids club bathrooms! (We were not the only parent that did this!)

The 2nd formal night is the better menu in our opinion...

What level and time did they pick up the kids during dinner? We did this on allure and it worked out really good since we are on my family time dining.

They arrive on level 4 at 6:40 and stay until 6:50. We were on level 5 but it only took a few minutes to drop them off. I think that this timing might be fleet wide? I don't think that our wait staff had experienced the program before us - but after the first night they figured out the grove and had the kids fed everything with deserts delivered by 6:30 - it was great! The kids club staff was fantastic!

Do you recall what nights they can eat with the kids club for dinner? Was it only formal nights and sea days? Trying to figure out a night for dinner at sabor.

Kids dinner with the AO staff is always both formal nights (2 and 6). Sometimes I think it is also night 4. My kids love it. Looking forward to taking both my granddaughters (ages 7 and 8) on Navigator March 22. Just 3 weeks away[emoji572]️

Edited by ARCruisinNana

Hi,

We are going on Navigator out of Galveston on April 26, visiting Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and Jamaica.

Does anyone know when formal nights would be? Also, I tried to reserve specialty dining online but it said to book on the ship. Can this be booked on the phone?

Thanks!!!

hi we are on same cruise, here is the link to the meet and greet, if you are interested

looks like specialty dinning is not available currently but you should be able to do it soon, they have 4 specialty restaurants, we also did sane cruise last year

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2039988&page=10

Do you recall what nights they can eat with the kids club for dinner? Was it only formal nights and sea days? Trying to figure out a night for dinner at sabor.

Our cruise was the Jamaica/Grand Cayman/Cozumel itinerary.

Kids could eat with AO staff on day 2/4/6. (2 and 6 are formal nights).

On Day 2 - it's space night for the 3-5 and they go for a walk in search for Fuzz Buzz the alien - possibly the highlight of the week - not to be missed if you have a kid there! 2 weeks later my daughter is still telling people about that night!

On day 3, it's pirate night for the 3-8 year olds - they have to be in the club by 7:40ish or not until 8:30 after the promenade show. The show is at 8:20pm at the Promenade Cafe and takes about 10 minutes. Having a spot to watch near the cafe tables would be a good view! We were too far to the side that I couldn't get any good shots of my daughter only my son..

On day 4 I believe is the sports night for the 6-8 year olds - that's 8:30 start I think?

On Day 5 - it's sports night for the 9-11s - same time.

When the kids eat with AO, they can be dropped off anytime before 5:40. At 5:45 they eat in the windjammer before it's open to everyone else (it says they eat at 6 in the kids compass but that's not what really happened...).

Monkey, Freckles, Rocket, Ariel, Grinch, Yoyo, (Jellyfish - but she is on break now and heading for adventure in 2 months) were awesome - and the other staff members that we met that were working the other rooms were great too (King Triton, Ice Cream, to name a few!). I hope some of them are still there when you go!!

I have all of the kids compasses for the 3-11s but just have not had time to get them all loaded in. If you have any other questions - let me know and I will try to share!