Q/A thread?

perferd

More great stuff thanks...

I will check with TA and the big store but wonder if Canada makes a diff...

Canada makes a difference, please go to your profile and at least put Canada (Provence too is helpful) as advice can change considerably for folks not from the U.S. This can be an important piece of information in giving correct info.... And saves alot of time to know this upfront.

Frankly I am not sure what info given above is not correct. Obviously info on Travel Insurance is not the same for different countries. Have no idea what that Big Box Store even does in Canada????

Can't help sorry, change you profile right away so you don't get bad info :(

Edited by JVilleGal

Lol its all good just Canada not Mars...

Sorry but it does matter... Even your cruise contract is different. Currency exchange creates different pricing unless you are using a U.S. Credit card. Consumer protections are different. Yes I realize it's not Mars but it is on the other side of the border.

So to not give you incorrect info we DO absolutely need to know you are Canadian!

It's all good, my family is Canadian too! Just not my immediate family ;)

Edited by JVilleGal

I get it thanks...

My last post was just a little joke...

Thanks again for the info...

As for the risk I would just hate to have $1k+ in deposits for a year and a half. It would be better if it were like $200-$500 ish...

Is there even a chance a family of "5" Port Canaveral 7day Caribbean Cruise in Nov or Dec 2016 could be $2000-$3000 ?

Not likely. I consider about 1K per person to be a normal rate.

We've done better (had a $599 per person +$48 tax) but that was 2009 and surprised me then!

I am talking JUST the cruise not all the extras like drinks shore driving or flights spending money etc etc...

If not still then it's not likely for us...poo

I will still check the opening dates...Thanks

I too am Canadian and waiting for August 2016 prices to come out. Unfortunately our Canadian dollar is around 20% less than the US dollar now and looks like it could go lower. Not a good time to be looking at a cruise. We are a family of 6 adults, 5 children looking for 3 inside rooms on the 7 day Fantasy....am I unrealistic to be hoping for a price of 10k or less. Right away I have to add 20%+ to that.

I would like to know if anyone from Canada knows about dealing with a big box store, I am in the GTA area,

Thanks for all information I have received on here.

I too am Canadian and waiting for August 2016 prices to come out. Unfortunately our Canadian dollar is around 20% less than the US dollar now and looks like it could go lower. Not a good time to be looking at a cruise. We are a family of 6 adults, 5 children looking for 3 inside rooms on the 7 day Fantasy....am I unrealistic to be hoping for a price of 10k or less. Right away I have to add 20%+ to that.

I would like to know if anyone from Canada knows about dealing with a big box store, I am in the GTA area,

Thanks for all information I have received on here.

I think you are in the right ballpark for $10K for 11 people with an early booking (do it when the booking comes out) if you are looking for the off season. OP was looking November/December. BUT remember that you still need to add airfare and transportation to the port. $10K USD would be reasonable for the cruise cost to DCL.

I think you are in the right ballpark for $10K for 11 people with an early booking (do it when the booking comes out) if you are looking for the off season. OP was looking November/December. BUT remember that you still need to add airfare and transportation to the port. $10K USD would be reasonable for the cruise cost to DCL.

Nov Dec is peak season? Dang I didn't know that Exact opposite for parks and resorts...I would have figured times like summer and school vacations being peak just like the parks and resorts...

I have pretty much anywhere from Nov-April

Is there even a chance a family of "5" Port Canaveral 7day Caribbean Cruise in Nov or Dec 2016 could be $2000-$3000 ?

Not a chance in Hades, at least not on Disney! As to Risk??? A deposit of 20% on Disney is certainly not at risk, yes coming up with a large deposit so far in advance is hard but it is 100% refundable and I can't envision Disney defaulting, so no, there is not risk of losing your money.

Travel insurance purchased within 14 days of booking will protect you from anything unexpected!

yer rite risk is the rong word...I am not worried bout losing the money as its refundable just that 20% of cost is locked up for some 20months...

In the end it doesn't look like a cruise is in the cards for us. It was a cruise or parks vacation so we will still see disney stuff...

Thanks

Nov Dec is peak season? Dang I didn't know that Exact opposite for parks and resorts...I would have figured times like summer and school vacations being peak just like the parks and resorts...

I have pretty much anywhere from Nov-April

Nov and Dec are the peak times for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. And winter break for many colleges falls in Dec/Jan.

Mid-Jan through early-Mar would a lower season.

Nov and Dec are the peak times for Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays. And winter break for many colleges falls in Dec/Jan.

Mid-Jan through early-Mar would a lower season.

Thanks thats good to know and funny how its nearly opposite for cruises then resorts...

Actually the first 2 weeks of December are some of the lowest rates of the year. Rates then increase for the holiday cruises and drop again after the first of January. They increase around mid February and are a bit higher for the President's Week cruises. We rarely see them drop back to January rates--as the weather warms, you have Easter and spring break, there is no need for lower rates.

We have encountered some great rates at the end of May (not sure why), and then again in September and early October.

That's more of what I was thinking but you never know...

Generally we like to vacation Oct Nov Dec cause the prices are at their lowest and it's end of the year...we throw Jan Feb in there too cause it's so close...March comes the weather and school breaks then summer...

Edited by perferd

Booking thru a certain very large membership store, the ones with the gas stations....

They sell Disney Cruises and often provide a great store discount card in my case $475 about a week after returning from my cruise. Other Travel Agents (TA) provide other benefits like On Board Credits (OBC) or pre paid gratuities (which BTW are $12 per person per day kids included )

For Disney Cruises for our family I found that Big Box Store gave us the best deal... $475 buys a lot of gas for my car. A $50 OBC just doesn't cut it.

Booking directly with Disney will likely get you Zero benefits, you need a TA or a certain Big Box Store for that.

Last piece of advice, buy Travel Insurance and don't get it from Disney!

I think I have transferred my cruise to this same big box store because they offered a cash card bonus. Am I understanding correctly that I don't get the cash card till after the cruise?

I guess that makes sense since I could cancel it after I got the card, just verifying. I just received all the documents from Bulk Store and saw no mention of the card/bonus.

I think I have transferred my cruise to this same big box store because they offered a cash card bonus. Am I understanding correctly that I don't get the cash card till after the cruise?

I guess that makes sense since I could cancel it after I got the card, just verifying. I just received all the documents from Bulk Store and saw no mention of the card/bonus.

If it's that Huge BB Store that everyone loves getting gas from (but me) then yes all reports I have seen is that the card comes like clock work a week or two after you get home. I know the 1st cruise I booked had a $750 card but when I changed to a different date and a less expensive cruise the amount of the card went down to $475 (might be $450). Remember that card is only for use at that BB Store. Think it will buy me a lot of gas!

Was it on my paperwork??? Hummmm I will try and dig that up but I don't think so...

Edited by JVilleGal

No...on the us website it shows...I then called them to see about a Canada side and they said no...

Told you their is a difference when it comes to Canada ;)

PS and there is an Ontario in California!

Edited by JVilleGal

For this price range, more likely a 4-night on Dream in a Deluxe Family OV which can sleep 5, for sail dates outside of US Thanksgiving and Christmas.