Our Most Excellent Adventure - We Missed the Ship

4x4bob

• 4 months later...

Chiming in late, but just discovered this thread. I too am one of those who will avoid Delta at all costs. SWA is my airline of choice. The difference between the two is that when SWA experiences problems - all airlines do - the personnel keep the passengers affected laughing. On Delta, i have never experienced anything but rude snarky ones and a deep lack of concern from any Delta employee.

After reading this entire thread, I am thrilled that my daughter and I opted to fly in a day early on our upcoming Alaska cruise and get insurance.I, too, am anxiously waiting to hear "the rest of the story" re claim settlement.

Kind of an old thread but what happened with your insurance claim?

After the dust settled on our processing the claim, we received a check that covered everything except $26.40. While there was no line item breakout on the coverage, we figured that they did not cover the drinks we had at the Hotel in Los Angles and the Hotel in PV.

So, we were very happy that we had collected receipts for everything. The fun one was getting a receipt from the Taxi cab driver in PV. When we got into the Cab we told him we would need a receipt. After some back and forth on the subject, he drove us to the bldg that his dispatcher was in and they gave us a receipt. That ride was $20.00 USD flat rate from Air port to Hotel about 1 mile away.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...
Last week we gathered our bills and receipts. Then after assembling them into a package we FAXed the package to the insurance carrier.who the air carrier

As of today we had not received back any notice that the package had been received

So, we called. After some checking our claim number was matched with a received package.

We were then told that in 3 or 4 weeks it should be processed. So we wait.

Bob

Bob, I feel your pain. My 19th cruise on Princess is booked for March. Have also traveled on HAL, Costa, Commodore, RCCL & Carnival. Have had the same thing happen on one cruise in the 90's. Care to guess who the air carrier was? Yep. Good old Delta. Glad you finally got to PV. Our first port was San Juan, but that's another story.

Carolyn in Texas

• 1 year later...