Laundry Questions!

Maraprince

It may sound a little crazy, but here goes:

- When your laundry is washed, do they separate the colors from the whites?

- Normally, how long does it take to get your laundry back?

- How is the laundry "packaged" when it is returned to your cabin?

Our June sailing will be the first time we get a free bag of laundry. Normally, either it all goes home to be washed, or if necessary, it is washed by us in the washer/dryer on board.

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

It may sound a little crazy, but here goes:

- When your laundry is washed, do they separate the colors from the whites?

- Normally, how long does it take to get your laundry back?

- How is the laundry "packaged" when it is returned to your cabin?

Our June sailing will be the first time we get a free bag of laundry. Normally, either it all goes home to be washed, or if necessary, it is washed by us in the washer/dryer on board.

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

I usually get my laundry back the day after I send it out, basically within 24 hrs.

It is returned in a bag folded. Sometimes I still have little ID tags still attached. On Princess, my dress shirts came back on hangers, I don't recall Carnival doing that.

I usually get my laundry back the day after I send it out, basically within 24 hrs.

It is returned in a bag folded. Sometimes I still have little ID tags still attached. On Princess, my dress shirts came back on hangers, I don't recall Carnival doing that.

I had my laundry bag ready for the cabin steward by 9 AM and it was returned before dinner.

I don't think they separate whites from colors so be prepared. I only send my capris, cotton nighty, and 1/2 socks. They are folded and put back into another bag.

I had my laundry bag ready for the cabin steward by 9 AM and it was returned before dinner.

I don't think they separate whites from colors so be prepared. I only send my capris, cotton nighty, and 1/2 socks. They are folded and put back into another bag.

That might pose a problem....I plan to send my white jacket (cotton) and white pants (cotton) along with some printed shorts/tops. Guess that will not work too well.:(

Usually, I hand wash my undies and socks as I go along to cut down on the amount stuff I take.

MARAPRINCE

As I understand the process, they put your clothes in a mesh bag and wash it in a big washer with mesh bags of laundry from other cruisers. You certainly don't want to include anything with color that might run, and you have to hope that nobody else does either.

It's not a perfect service, but once you learn how to work with it and which of your clothes will come back in shape to wear later in the week, it can be pretty useful. We send sock, underwear, knit shirts, maybe knit shorts, and sleepwear. We also plan to do laundry ourselves once during the week for things that need gentler care, but it's nice to pack fewer sock and such.