Port Canaveral question

bluejay555

OK, I have only ever cruised out of New Orleans, so I don't know much about what's going on at the other ports. I have been considering the Port Canaveral cruise in June that goes to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk on the Valor. I've been searching for reviews and can't find any...

So the valor isn't currently based there? What ship normally does this itinerary, so I can look for reviews on the ports in this itinerary? Any opinions about the Valor or this itinerary or port? Just looking for as much info as possible and I know you all are experts!!! :)

OK, I have only ever cruised out of New Orleans, so I don't know much about what's going on at the other ports. I have been considering the Port Canaveral cruise in June that goes to Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, and Grand Turk on the Valor. I've been searching for reviews and can't find any...

So the valor isn't currently based there? What ship normally does this itinerary, so I can look for reviews on the ports in this itinerary? Any opinions about the Valor or this itinerary or port? Just looking for as much info as possible and I know you all are experts!!! :)

Both Sunshine and Liberty go to those ports. Glory and Splendor out of Miami also does that itinerary.

We cruised on the Dream in March 2013 out of Port Canaveral. We stayed at the Radisson hotel two nights before. It is a great hotel. They also have shuttle service to the port for a small fee. The port is like 5 minutes away. This hotel has a very nice pool, hot tub, poolside bar, and food service. We drove to this destination but some of our friends flew. You can fly into either Orlando or Melbourne airports and catch a shuttle from the airport for a fee.

The port is a breeze to get on and you are out into the ocean very quickly.

Because the ships recently moved around. You will have to check out Dream old cruises if you want to compare port canaveral with those ports. We did it on Dream also in 2013. Jaime was CD so will have a good comparison. Grand Turk was so relaxing and has been one of my favs. We went to Bacardi in Puerto Rico. Check out Ports boards for info too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We just came back via Port Canaveral.

It was smooth.

Grand Turk, walk the beach 10 min to Jack's Shack

St Thomas, taxi to Sapphire Beach

San Juan, hop the free trolly to the fort and then walk thru Old Town. Stock up on stuff at CVS by Port.

Edited by MarcelLucSell

We have stayed at the Radisson at the Port (Canaveral) many times and have always enjoyed it. Nice pool area- helpful front desk.

Have been to the ports mentioned and have found good excursions at each. Check the port forum for ideas.